Powersoft M-Force FLH or Tapped horn

radulescu_paul_mircea

• 4 weeks later...

So I heard these for the first time.

They are more than wonderful. That system goes down to 27hz clean and immensely powerful.they are so loud I was shocked. I heard the Danley BC218 last year but these are in another league. The cabinets are rock solid, even the back wheels inspire quality. The amp is clamped on in the back but they didn't make a personalized case for it

post-3306-0-36350600-1493367408_thumb.jpg

post-3306-0-75499000-1493367437_thumb.jpg

So I heard these for the first time.

They are more than wonderful. That system goes down to 27hz clean and immensely powerful.they are so loud I was shocked. I heard the Danley BC218 last year but these are in another league.

Really? I've been hearing that the DBH218 is a really good cab.

The DBH218 sounds very nice, but it's more of a 40 hz horn. This year at Pro Light and Sound they had 4 of them with a J3-96 each side of a stage but I wasn't there so IDK how they sounded. Last year they had 2 BC218 with 4 DBH at the ends of the stage with 2 SH96HO. Those BC are crushing but these M-Force horns are over them

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Ricci said:

I need to hear one of these M-force systems at some point! 

I would also love to. The Funktion One horn's stats are not all that impressive when you look at the humongous size of the thing. iirc it's over 1000L and like 300kg, but if you look at it as what it is (a single driver subwoofer), it's ridiculous.

I would also love to experience the Mover. The motor is similar to the M-Force in design. It generates enough force to lift my entire body. I don't know how many motors are that capable 😅

8 hours ago, peniku8 said:

Looks like there is a 50" M-Force being produced for club/home use.

https://www.aia-cinema.com/references/detail/fidelity-40-ascendo-immersive-audio.html

smsg50.jpg

This is not M-Force , it’s a chinese A&D audio driver. Neo motor and 8” coil.

I heard the M-Force more than once and it is absolutely amazing. Unfortunately the users had some unlucky situations with them but they indeed perform extremely well!

that Funktion one sub is the  loudest sub out there !period ! and it digs deep enough to be extremely impressive. It goes louder under 50 hz than 2 SKhorns XL loaded with Ipal and used with other  subs from 60 hz up they will have enough headroom. There are a few companies who have 6 and 8 of them in use constantly with great results.

14 hours ago, radulescu_paul_mircea said:

This is not M-Force , it’s a chinese A&D audio driver. Neo motor and 8” coil.

I heard the M-Force more than once and it is absolutely amazing. Unfortunately the users had some unlucky situations with them but they indeed perform extremely well!

that Funktion one sub is the  loudest sub out there !period ! and it digs deep enough to be extremely impressive. It goes louder under 50 hz than 2 SKhorns XL loaded with Ipal and used with other  subs from 60 hz up they will have enough headroom. There are a few companies who have 6 and 8 of them in use constantly with great results.

The picture of a similar driver in this thread got me confused then, thought it was some custom design!

It's surprising that one of these subs is louder than 2 of your subs, the stats would tell a different story. According to hornresp, 4 IPALs should exceed 140db playing at their AES wattage from 30 (tuning frequency of my design) to 200Hz. Total volume being less than 1000L; 135db at 25Hz (excursion limited).

Josh please get an F132 and do some CEA tests ❤️

I've been wondering... What if one took like 5 Movers and attached them to a piece of plywood (one at each corner and one in the center). Then mount this to an infinite baffle construction and seal off the gap with a rubber surround...

The surface area of a 2.5m x 1.25m sheet is equal to about 20 21" drivers (if you add half of a decently sized surround) with an Xmax of 15mm.
Even if the entire thing would probably not be able to widthstand acceleration forces to get maximum excursion at say 40Hz, this should be a pretty efficient solution for single digit extension in any home theater.

5 movers have a total peak force of 4.5KN, which translates into an acceleration of 180m/s² of a 25kg mass (estimated weight of a 12mm thick sheet of BB ply).

With an acceleration of 180m/s² you could move an object 15mm (Xmax) within ~0,013s. Since you need to do that 4 times to get a full sine wave cycle, that would result in a frequency of about 19Hz. And that only with 5KW if I'm interpreting their data sheet correctly. You could make an entire wall your cone area with enough movers...

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, SME said:

Is that a sealed alignment or something else?  It sure does drop like a rock below 20 Hz.

It's a little hard to figure out what's going on. The longer I look at the picture, the more confused I get. What looks like horn folds seems to be bracing. What looks like vents (bottom corners), seems to be a dead end...

20170627151054_MAG-ThorTransparentWeb.jp

I think it's actually a TH variant. It is hard to tell for sure from the angle of the image but it looks like the driver fires into a throat where the motor is this then splits to the left and right and travels up, down, forward back up and then out from the top of the other side of the driver. I think! It's really hard to tell for sure from the pic. 

Anyway I'm going with a TH. 

47 minutes ago, Ricci said:

I think it's actually a TH variant. It is hard to tell for sure from the angle of the image but it looks like the driver fires into a throat where the motor is this then splits to the left and right and travels up, down, forward back up and then out from the top of the other side of the driver. I think! It's really hard to tell for sure from the pic. 

Anyway I'm going with a TH. 

My counter would be that the bandwidth is too large and too smooth to be a TH.  The EQ might help with smoothing response, but what about overall bandwidth?

19 hours ago, SME said:

My counter would be that the bandwidth is too large and too smooth to be a TH.  The EQ might help with smoothing response, but what about overall bandwidth?

I could be wrong but to me the response looks TH like after a liberal dose of DSP. There's a notch and a small peak in the 65-80Hz area. A tuning at 20Hz or just above would likely put the "spike" in the 70Hz range. The M-force drivers don't model normal either due to the motor force. 

Probably...Either way the rear wave of the driver is exiting back in front of the driver and the driver is offset back into the enclosure a bit which is TH like. Somewhere between a TH and Tline seems to fit. That is a huge driver and a really big enclosure. Should make some noise. 

• 10 months later...

I saw this on IG earlier, but I scrolled so fast I didn't realize it was a whole new design, I thought it was a slight redesign of the existing model.

Stats are insane as "usual". Re of 0.26Ohm thou? Recommended to run two series drivers off a single X4L channel (which is running in bridged configuration)?

BL²/Re is 1700, but the data sheet says 1600 and that T/S params are not fully accurate for the M-drive type transducers, if I understood that correctly, but holy cow. Has as much surface area as two 21" drivers. Does 5KW. I'm just not fully understanding the sensitivity ratings. Either way, 94db at 0.5V is pretty impressive for a 2.5kg moving mass.

Do I want one? No, I want 10.

• 1 year later...
On 10/29/2016 at 3:50 PM, radulescu_paul_mircea said:

The M-Drive can generate around 5000 watt long term and 2000 watts thermal equilibrium so in 2 minutes you increase the temp with 20 degrees Celsius

Did you do those tests yourself? How was the M-Drive set up, did it have an additional heatsink/ventilation or just the module by itself with its two small fans?