HST18 / HS24

Leons

Nick,

Couple questions. What's the wind height on that BHS-24 coil? Close to 4" isn't it? 8 layer aluminum? Aluminum former? Can you tell me the ID/OD? If you don't want to divulge I understand was just wondering. Might keep me from ordering my own coil down the road.  

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nick,

Couple questions. What's the wind height on that BHS-24 coil? Close to 4" isn't it? 8 layer aluminum? Aluminum former? Can you tell me the ID/OD? If you don't want to divulge I understand was just wondering. Might keep me from ordering my own coil down the road.  

The BHS-24 coil is actually a 4 layer flat aluminum coil wound on an 8 mil thick aluminum former. Winding Width is 100mm. I can get you the ID and OD when I get to work tomorrow. I don't mind giving out the information but I need to be in front of my work PC to get it. :)

PS: What impedance are you looking at? The D2 and D1 have slightly different winding width's and of course the OD will change between the two. 

Here are a few pics of the room where I outlined the HS24 twins with tape on the floor.

My first option for placement is wrapped around the rear of the couch.

By the way some of you made some comments about pissing of the neigbours.

My room is not directly connected to any neigbours.

It is a seperate building in the garden, it contains the garage and the cinema room.

It is completely build as a cavity wall out of concrete blocks.

Nearest neigbour is about 120 feet.

I created a seperate "amp closet" in the garage.

The amps in the picture are for the system as it is now.

Regarding the amps for the HS24 twins I have not decided yet

best

Leon

post-3361-0-23146100-1453935643_thumb.jpg

post-3361-0-93784800-1453935644_thumb.jpg

post-3361-0-51877100-1453935646_thumb.jpg

post-3361-0-03994600-1453935648_thumb.jpg

post-3361-0-72962500-1453935672_thumb.jpg

post-3361-0-56215400-1453935674_thumb.jpg

The BHS-24 coil is actually a 4 layer flat aluminum coil wound on an 8 mil thick aluminum former. Winding Width is 100mm. I can get you the ID and OD when I get to work tomorrow. I don't mind giving out the information but I need to be in front of my work PC to get it. :)

PS: What impedance are you looking at? The D2 and D1 have slightly different winding width's and of course the OD will change between the two. 

Thanks Nick...I'm playing around with a motor design and it would have been very close to this coil. 4 layer flat / aluminum wind, 102mm wind height. ID and OD aren't critical at this point as nothing is set in stone. Not sure I'll ever even get it built but if I did I think that coil is close enough. 

Leons,

Looks like you have plenty of power on tap. 4 Labhorn's in a house! That's ridiculous.

Hello All,

En some more sawdust.. see pics..

Hey Ricci, the Labs are no slouch.. they never let me down, clean, loud, tight bass from 35 to 80.

The intention is that the HS24 twins fill up everything below 35 (where the Labs roll of..)

Exact crossover setting between the Labs and the HS24-twins will take some experimentation.. my gut feeling

tells me somwhere between 35 and 40… imagine how much “air to breath” the HS24 will have

with only the zero to 40 passband..

4 labs properly build and powered.. extended with 8 HS24’s properly build and powerd.. at close range.. should

be exciting… next get to gether at my place? you are all invited..

I’ll keep you posted.

L.

post-3361-0-63615700-1454002826_thumb.jpg

post-3361-0-04578000-1454002828_thumb.jpg

post-3361-0-24365000-1454002830_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I'm really sorry to hear that Leons. There is nothing I despise more than thieves. Just the thought of it gets my blood going. I've had my share of equipment and other things stolen. Mostly from my cars back when I used to do car audio more seriously. I hope they catch them and cut off one of their hands.

Insurance coverage on the house and items taken?

It is always someone who knows you... or an acquaintance of someone you know.

Hey Leon, you probably have already thought of this, but since a lot of that gear probably isn't stuff that can just be bought and sold anywhere, maybe that will make it easier to catch the bastards. I would keep an eye on craigslist, ebay, and so forth, for the more distinctive pieces of gear you had. Anyway, I am sorry to hear about your break-in. If someone did that to me, I can not imagine how pissed I would be, and I do not have anything near as nice as what you had. There is a special circle in hell for those who mess with a man's home theater. 

It is always someone who knows you... or an acquaintance of someone you know.

100% agree with this.

No opportunist thief would go to that much effort to break in, and if they did get in, they wouldn't have had the vehicle to cart away that sheer volume of gear in one go.

It boils my piss that people have the gall to violate someone else's private space and help themselves to things they have not worked for :angry: and that one has to be secretive about one's good stuff 'just in case' the wrong sort of person is listening in, rather than being able to be openly excited about it :(

Are you friendly with your neighbours?  Could you ask them if they have seen anything?  (Not discounting the fact that it could be one of them...)

Do you have Automatic Numberplate Recognition Cameras on the roads near you?  If so, would you be able to 'acquire' a list of vehicles passing them at the time(s) you think the break-in occured?

Did the police fingerprint the house to see if they left any prints?  Are there any cigarette butts or food wrappers or drinks bottles nearby that weren't there previously and might have some DNA on them?

I hope you can get this sorted out - if you have any spare cash, perhaps a good cash reward for information leading to the return of your stolen equipment might prompt an anonymous call to you...  (I would buy a Pay As You Go phone so you don't have to give out your usual telephone number if you do this.)

There can't be that many 24s sold to your area or country - I'm sure Nick couldn't trawl through his database of customers to check if anyone you hear about was a genuine customer who ordered them directly... :ph34r:  ;)

Archived