Bossobass Mini GTG Thread

Bossobass Dave

OK, looks like we're on for the Mini-GTG next Tuesday, June 9, 2015.

I'll have a Raptor System III set up and a short demo session of the classic "with & without" HPF to see is anyone detects a difference with ULF content vs the equivalent to a ported sub with 18 Hz tune, a favorite or 2 scenes with ULF and a filtered SEQSS curve with max output in mind.

The rest of it, for me, will be hangin' with Nick, Marty and Rowdy Roddy and meeting Luke and some good eats and beverages (one advantage to hosting is you don't have to drive_ ;)

Being in test mode means that the FR will not be optimal because of placement options with my own system being idle, but that's not gonna hamper the fun too much.

Attendees:

Dave & Virginia (the basshead wife of all time)

Shredhead/Paul (the unsung tech-wiz behind everything electronic @ Point One Technologies)

Electrodynamic/Nick (the Boss Hog of driver building) NOTE: Nick is bringing a pair of HST-15s to load into a Raptor enclosure with permission to see what fer)

Marty (Nick's dad, who's a great guy with a lot to add to the discussions of low end)

Luke/Lukeamdman (this is all his fault, so direct any/all complaints at him)

Ever-Lovin'-Rowdy-Roddy, AKA Brandon/BeastAudio (How do you forget this guy and live it down?)

Aw yeah... :)

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FINALLY, someone asked. :lol:

My sister sent me a pic of us kids (there were 4 boys/2 girls in our immediately family) and cousins and neighbors at my 9th birthday. The avatar is me clipped from that photo. As soon as we saw a camera, we hammed it, especially my younger brother and me. My family was the most fun you could have without being arrested. Even in late teens/early 20s my friends preferred to hang out at my parents house on a Saturday night. No lie.

So yeah, it's me a hundred years ago. :blink:

Oh Lord! I thought it was a little rascal too!

Huh all along I thought it was a scaled down version of one of the little rascals. :lol:  :lol:  Guess it was in a way haha.

Dave, or Luke, wtf is up with the Tuesday gtg??

Beating bass notes into submission with a quad raptor stack son!!!!    That's what's up Tuesday! 

Little rascal. That's funny. I was the good son. Ask my mom, she'll co-sign that.

Tuesday is the day Luke can swing by on his NC/SC tour, so Tuesday it is.

I've decided to set up a double Raptor System III. That's 16 x 15", 80L of displacement. The only prob is that I only have a single 120V-30A outlet for dual A-14Ks, so full potential will not be achieved from mains power supply standpoint. Still, should be memorable. ;)

I'll have them set up this weekend, so check the pics post for what a triple Raptor System III looks like. That's three stacks on each side, 24 x 15", 120 liters of displacement. (One of them is my personal system that won't be hooked up)

BTW, Beast, that's a SEXtet Raptor stack. :ph34r::o

Little rascal. That's funny. I was the good son. Ask my mom, she'll co-sign that.

Tuesday is the day Luke can swing by on his NC/SC tour, so Tuesday it is.

I've decided to set up a double Raptor System III. That's 16 x 15", 80L of displacement. The only prob is that I only have a single 120V-30A outlet for dual A-14Ks, so full potential will not be achieved from mains power supply standpoint. Still, should be memorable. ;)

I'll have them set up this weekend, so check the pics post for what a triple Raptor System III looks like. That's three stacks on each side, 24 x 15", 120 liters of displacement. (One of them is my personal system that won't be hooked up)

BTW, Beast, that's a SEXtet Raptor stack. :ph34r::o

Got it :D That honestly gave me a little bit of a chubby. Does that qualify as your .05L vs room ft^3 equation?!?!? Haha

As far as two 14-k's on a single outlet....You aren't talking about LINE SAG are you?!??! BAHAHAHAHAHHA

As per requested I am going to work on Sunday to build two HST-15's to bring to the meet. But I need to know, Dual 1 Ohm or Dual 2 Ohm? Regardless of what VC configuration I bring I bring lets beat the snot out of them. :D

Oh, sorry. I prefer D1 for a nominal 4 ohm enclosure, 8 ohms for a pair of enclosures (4 drivers) and 4 ohms for a quad of enclosures (8 drivers). Glad you asked.

What's the mounting depth on those? Wanna make sure they aren't gonna butt into each other...

I'm averse to the wanton destruction of precision machinery. But, we'll have the means. Alcohol may play a role. :o:P;)

Oh, sorry. I prefer D1 for a nominal 4 ohm enclosure, 8 ohms for a pair of enclosures (4 drivers) and 4 ohms for a quad of enclosures (8 drivers). Glad you asked.

What's the mounting depth on those? Wanna make sure they aren't gonna butt into each other...

I'm averse to the wanton destruction of precision machinery. But, we'll have the means. Alcohol may play a role. :o:P;)

The HST-15's are 12" deep.

The HST-15's are 12" deep.

BALLS! I KNEW there was a reason I don't already have a pair. The mounting space for dual opposed drivers is 26". I'll let you decide if that's enough breathing room. I've done it before with other drivers years back like the original Tumults and some Chinese drivers in different enclosures. Should work. in a sealed box.

How much distance did you have in the dual opposed 11" version?

Archived