1. 1. Execution?

• 5 Stars
    • 4 Stars
    • 3 Stars
    • 2 Stars
    • 1 Star
  2. 2. Recommendation?

American Sniper (7.1 TrueHD)

Level        - 2 Stars (107.25dB composite)

Extension - 3 Stars (17Hz)

Dynamics - 5 Stars (28.19dB)

Execution - 3 Stars (by poll)

Overall     - 3.25 Stars

Recommendation - Rent (by poll)

Notes:  Fairly disappointing bass, with the only real content in the first 30min of the movie.  Also thought the movie was decent, not great.

PvA:

post-17-0-95905400-1433103024.png

I thought this was a big step back for Clint as a director.  Perhaps the script was lacking, but the director should really be able to tell a story and make the audience believe and care about the character.  This film didn't really do it for me, and the first half of the movie was disjointed, with none of the big emotional moments set up by anything prior to them.  

While it wasn't a terrible movie, I wasn't really convinced at all.  I even forgot until the very end that I knew the story - that's how ho-hum it was, for me.  My gf had been asking to watch this one since the New Year, but she was fairly disappointed as well.

I agree on the disjointed beginning. My wife and I watch a special feature and apparently the family/love stuff was brought in after the fact (Chris' murder) which I think led to a rushed character development. The only interaction we got out of Chris and Thea was the bar scene.

We did find we were able to get "the point" of the movie out of it, which was to remind us how difficult war is on the individual and the family. I felt like I could understand his PTSD and why going to the range with vets was therapeutic.

I thought this was a big step back for Clint as a director.  Perhaps the script was lacking, but the director should really be able to tell a story and make the audience believe and care about the character.  This film didn't really do it for me, and the first half of the movie was disjointed, with none of the big emotional moments set up by anything prior to them.  

While it wasn't a terrible movie, I wasn't really convinced at all.  I even forgot until the very end that I knew the story - that's how ho-hum it was, for me.  My gf had been asking to watch this one since the New Year, but she was fairly disappointed as well.

I actually thought the movie was really good. I seen it at the movies and could not wait to see it again at home! I mean there is only so much you can stuff in a 2 hour movie. There is so much to cover about his life and I think they did a good job with that from his childhood, to his wife and to his time in the military and even some time with him chasing another sniper.  But movies are no different that speakers, you have to watch and give an opinion and there are different reviews all over the board  ;)

Archived