Horn design question

Archaea

You made it seem like my comments about our "run of the mill" enclosures were meant for any and all setups. I have in the past freely admitted that my knowledge is limited. I still maintained the fact that most people could not tell the difference if an enclosure had microscopic air voids, and if those voids were "properly sealed". I never said you could have "air leaks" or gaping holes that would whistle.

Based on the comments here, I am too lowly to step into the presence of so wise and knowledgeable beings. I will remove myself from these proceedings, but I may peek in from time to time to remember my shame and humiliation.

Well dang.  

Something got escalated somewhere, because this thread was specifically opened under the context of a HORN subwoofer...

Wraith Leader,

What?  No long explanation!?!?!?  How very disappointing!  ;)

What if you post your logic and everyone comes alongside you???   :P   You should try it!

Listen, I figured out how we can test your air leak theory.  I'll have you and your family over for dinner and a movie, You can take one of my mounting screws out of one of my sealed cabs and not tell me which one.  Then we'll see if anyone can detect which cab has the missing mount screw.

I could tell you had a screw loose in one of your cabs all the way from the seats when we were finding the best layout for the AVR comparison.  Ok, maybe not that far away, but it was noticeable.  In the defense of your buddy, I didn't think there was a big difference in subs until I heard some really nice ones.  Also, I believe most of us have more than one screw loose ;)

Archived