Stereo Integrity HS-24 Measurements & General Discussion

Ricci

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got that wrong, Doug is planning on 2 40 cu ft boxes (not 50) tuned at 15hz.  However, I think he is still considering sealed as well.  

To quote Dan Wiggins when I asked him a similar question 13 years go:

Build the dual sealed subs, model to 75% Xmax, add +6dB L/T boost and call it a day. B)

He'll sell the LMS-Us and forget the 30-40 cubes boxes soon afterward.

Those Ultras aren't going anywhere, he has a pair of G Horns in his attic of his living room using the ultras.  Coolest looking build I've ever seen and even more impressive in person than in the pictures.  

009_zpsfff8c8b4.jpg

006_zps7b10e3ee.jpg

004_zps16d29d33.jpg

003_zps7f5537bb.jpg

010_zps9845d9b3.jpg

He has 3 24 drivers.  One of them he built a temporary sealed box for and it's in the living room.  It's awesome, and blends well with the G horns.  However, all 3 24's will end up in his basement build and that is where he is thinking of the 40 cubes ported and a nearfield sealed 24.  At least I think that is the current plan.  3 sealed 24's would be killer too, not sure if his mind is made up.  

To quote Dan Wiggins when I asked him a similar question 13 years go:

Build the dual sealed subs, model to 75% Xmax, add +6dB L/T boost and call it a day. B)

He'll sell the LMS-Us and forget the 30-40 cubes boxes soon afterward.

There are plenty of folks out there that have gone from some incredibly capable and impressive sealed systems to ported or horns.  Just sayin ;)   

I tried, went back! 

Yeah it definitely goes both ways.  I don't think there is a single sub alignment that suits everyone.  Too many different tastes out there.

I assumed the LMS were sealed. I seriously doubt 'plenty' of folks have put 60 cubes of horn in their attic. Just sayin'. ;)

Yes, Ghorns in the ceiling is definitely rare!  

I'm really hoping we can work out a demo in a couple weeks in when I'm SC!  It's a rare treat for me to experience a HT that's not on a concrete floor!

Yeah it definitely goes both ways.  I don't think there is a single sub alignment that suits everyone.  Too many different tastes out there.

Yes, Ghorns in the ceiling is definitely rare!  

I'm really hoping we can work out a demo in a couple weeks in when I'm SC!  It's a rare treat for me to experience a HT that's not on a concrete floor!

Yep, hope it works out. Would love to meet you and we'll have a warm reception waiting if logistics stars align.

I'll devise an exercise just for you that may be useful for others to read about. :) The Raptor Systems II, III and custom version, have 9 curves to accommodate room gain differences and loudness vs extension preferences. We can select specific scenes, curves and playback levels and measure and document both to show the differences.

Maybe we can get Nick down here as well. :)

Anyway, yes, I sure hope it works out that we pull it off.

I'm in if you will have me, Dave. Luke was able to come to my room last time up the hill, and depending on what side of Charlotte you are on, we could meet up somewhere and drive the rest of the way in together. My visit to your space is long overdue anyways... No excuses.

It is! You should have been there for the BBBQ. Bass and BBQ. :D

Ha, I like it!

I might add some beer for a BBBBQ :D

It might be even better with some Babes for a BBBBBQ :P but "fancy sitting in a room with some random blokes off the internet for several hours going slightly deaf?" might be a hard sell... :lol:

Yep, hope it works out. Would love to meet you and we'll have a warm reception waiting if logistics stars align.

I'll devise an exercise just for you that may be useful for others to read about. :) The Raptor Systems II, III and custom version, have 9 curves to accommodate room gain differences and loudness vs extension preferences. We can select specific scenes, curves and playback levels and measure and document both to show the differences.

Maybe we can get Nick down here as well. :)

Anyway, yes, I sure hope it works out that we pull it off.

Yeah, I'm sure I could make it down for the GTG. :) 

Archived