Everly - Discussion & Poll - Closed

nube

Everly  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Execution?

2. 2. Recommendation?

Everly (5.1 DTS-HD MA)

Level        - 5 Stars (113.46dB composite)
Extension - 5 Stars (8Hz)
Dynamics - 5 Stars (29.37dB)

Execution - 5 Stars (by poll)

Overall     - 5 Stars!!!

Recommendation - Rent (by poll)

Notes:  I liked it and thought it was a solid production with good bass that was fairly carefully limited, rarely overreaching.  Not the best film, but solid bass.  Might be the least exciting of the 5 stars, though.

PvA:

post-17-0-19412100-1429969247.png

Seems kind of odd to me to use the execution category to vote on the actual film. Execution would imply bass execution in my mind which is how I have always voted. If this category can "be whatever you want it to be", it seems very pointless to me. I always assumed this was strictly bass execution.

The 'Execution' category is supposed to be LF execution.  But I have seen films that score very well due to clean presentations/lack of clipping, etc, as it also adds to the overall sonic presentation, not just the LF.

It really should not be a 'how good is this movie' score, but it is hard not to score a film well if you really like it.

There is no Execution Score Police or Enforcement Division to verify if someone just voted for the LF or for anything else...so it is kind of what nube said...

I appreciate when people post about why they voted the way they did.

JSS

Good discussion.  It's intended to be bass execution, but who's to say if that's how people vote?  I think it's fairly easy to demonstrate that people have different criteria for what constitutes good bass execution - some vote quantity, some vote quality, some vote a combination - but we'll never know, so vote however you want.  An obvious example is Whiplash:  many people voted movie quality and not bass.  Of course, that's kinda my fault for including it when it's patently not a bass movie, but that's neither here nor there.  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Got this coming tomorrow! sounds like fun . Are some really giving a different rating due to actually liking the movie itself ? Perhaps it should be noted in there post as it would help, just like those who post or comment on there bass frequency preference.

• 4 weeks later...

When voting, is the execution for bass or the actual movie?  I want this to be clear before I vote because the movie sucks, but the bass was good.

I always vote on bass and sometime the soundtrack helps with my vote. You basically rate the movie with a Buy, Rent or avoid  :)

• 2 months later...

Archived