DO HST-11 Build Thread with measurements

Electrodynamic

You can download the omni mic's .omm text file from dayton's site and load it into rew using the preferences -mic/meter tab.  You can use the mic in SL too which is what Nick has been doing (without the cal file).  Not the best mic in the world for that but it's obviously not the worst either. 

I don't know the difference between the 1st and 2nd gen mics for omni but I would imagine the only difference is the cal files.  The trick is selecting the omni as the input in windows sound control panel.  Make sure your soundcard/interface bit rate/depth settings all jive with rew's settings. 

Hit me up if you run into problems.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nick have you had a Bosso amp on those 11HST's before?

I cant remember if you said you did in the past or not. Next summer should be my final end to building subwoofers inside. Looks like one more 15 and a pair of these 11's should finish it up. Them more I look at these the more I like them. I need to see another excursion video... :D

I have compared the Omnimic vs REW. REW uses less smoothing even when no smoothing is applied to both. There was a technical discussion about as well.

It is all in how you apply a window to the data. REW is v flexible in this regard which makes it v powerful. Obviously this adds complexity which is not what all users want.

You can use the omni microphone in REW.  It would be easy to do a test and compare.  Next time I've over Nick's I'll do it.  Hard to believe no one on AVS has been curious enough to do this yet. 

Ive done both and found the responses to be very similar, but that was with the UMM-6 I owned previously and the omnimic. 

Archived