Introducing the Vier Systems Xero.1/Midbasiks Subwoofer builds....

vxds11

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AVS unfortunately is just not the same anymore.  So many great contributors 'moved on', both in the diy section as well as the movies-with-bass thread.  At least the archives are still there.  Most of the stuff posted now is just marketing, whether camouflaged or not.  Other than the PI builds and the DIYSG stuff, it is mainly noise over there, with a new 'cadre' that thinks they know it all, and are essentially re-inventing the wheel and making the same mistakes/discoveries as folks did in the archives.  While not as much traffic is seen here, the quality is much better.

JSS

Too bad, it was a good place to go. Seems like a lot of the newer members are content with it. Some have become a bit "clicky", but that's par for the course I guess. Once this project is completed, I'll post it and be done with it over there.

Great looking build. Can't wait to see the completed product and read your thoughts on how it sounds. With your size room..... :D

I do want to build some sealed subs; I like my horn, but I know I'm missing a lot.

Thanks man. Maybe you can try to integrate some nearfield sealed with your horns, that might do the trick.

How can I forget...

MOAR BRACING..........MOAR!

IMAG1948_zps302ff2c0.jpgIMAG1940_zpsc9f476ef.jpgIMAG1941_zps1115c285.jpgIMAG1942_zps777f808d.jpg

As I recall it, being an advocate of full bandwidth and being firm in the simple fact that sealed is the only way to accomplish it was pretty much a battle fought by an army of one.

Imagine you sell 15-20 Hz ported subs or sealed subs with a 15-20 Hz HPF. Think you'd ever agree that full bandwidth is the way to go?

I only have 10 fingers and 10 toes. Once I pulled them out of the dam and moved on, the water came pouring in. Like Max said, the archives are there for anyone interested. I wish they were there 12 years ago.

The boxes look good. Can't wait to see them finished, locked and loaded. B)

I will say before I got the Raptors and projector I had 3 Blu-rays. Now I have 35 and I have a lot more to get. Between movies that are reference material for bass and/or 3D I can't stop buying them. It's the most amazing experience and I can hit pause whenever I want.

So yah your wife is right..... hurry up. ;)

Battle:LA is indeed a great track. Just under TIH status for me.

JSS

Agreed. Unfortunately I also hold every other movie to their standard which probably isn't fair...

Test indeed Adam ;) & John I still have to pick up TIH & WOTW Blu's, sad I know. This what happens when you step away from the hobby for four years.

Between those 3 movies you will know how your subs will handle the lows and whether they'll fill your room or not. You still gonna use the A14K?

Btw I wanted to tell you that was great to start over. The level of detail you're putting into these you *should* make sure they're as perfect as they can be. If I was building my subs I would do no less. They're gonna be in your room so not only should they sound amazing but look the part too. Just wanted to say that was a smart move and I think that always woulda bugged you. They are gonna be gorgeous man. :D

Thanks man  :lol:  I have an OCD for stuff like that. That's why it's taking me so damn long to finish them, but my ETA should be within the next week, can't wait. As for the A14K, I'm soooo tempted to pull the trigger on it, but the wife says either that OR the OPPO OR new Receiver  :angry:

Archived