The Data-Bass Member Equipment List

Ricci

I thought it would be fun for everyone to list their equipment and maybe post a few pics here so others can see what each of us is rocking out on. 

Here is my 2 main systems that get used. I am not going to bother listing everything else... :wacko:

Ricci HT / Room is roughly 9x14x26 carpeted on cement slab with 3 brick walls, a fireplace, an opening to a hallway and french doors. Untreated as of yet...

Electronics

Samsung 75" LED UN75J6300

PS4

Onkyo PR-SC886P (Intermittent HDMI issue again / 3rd time on the search for something.)

Emotiva XPA-5 / Main speakers

Powersoft K20-DSP+AESOP's (x2) (240v line) / Subs

Speakers

Klipsch CF-4's (L/R)

Klipsch KV-4 (CC)

Klipsch CF-4's (SL/SR)

(8x) RF T3S1-19's in 4 dual opposed sealed cabs of about 4.5cu ft per driver. Wired to 2ohms each cab and 2 cabs wired in series to a K20-Dsp amplifier. Amplifiers running bridged into 4ohms nominal per 4 drivers.

Ricci's Band Space PA

Behringer QX2442USB

Presonus Firestudio 2626

Presonus Digimax F/S

Behringer DCX2496 (x2)

Mackie m1400i (HF)

Behringer Inuke 6000 (Mid)

Crest 8002 x2 (LF)

Speakers

JBL 2360B horn lenses with 2446H CD's

JBL 4675C cabs loaded with AE TD15M-4ohm Apollo drivers wired in series

Pair of M.A.U.L. subwoofers

• Like 7

Yeah... Someone is supposed to follow that list?

Might as well be me....

LilMike's transitional "HT"...

as currently stacked up in my as yet unfinished basement theater.....

Equipment:

Home Theater PC: Handles some recorded TV, Music, and DVD/BD - will be rebuilt/reloaded when the rest of the system is done

Roku: Streaming media - not plugged in

TiVo Mini: Live/recorded Cable TV - not plugged in, cause I have no Internet or Cable wiring yet

Denon AVR3312 - off for warranty repairs, likely will be used upstairs

Planned Receiver Pre/Pro??? No idea ATM, will purchase this at the same time as the projector.

Media Server: WHS2011, Media Browser, and Drive Bender-based, 30 TB storage array, all in a 4U case

Amps for L, C, and R: TBD, considering several options

...more blanks than spaces filled here...

Speakers:

Econowaves: 10" MCM midbasses, Pyle 612 waveguides, and Selenium CDs (yup - more bottom shelf gear) in 1.5 CF sealed boxes.

...and... I only have three of them, all stacked up nicely in the corner at the moment, not even plugged in.

For the parts involved, and the dollars spent, I can't really complain. I think I spent more on crossover parts than drivers.

Planned Mains:

DIY 60X90 Unity horns between a pair of ported 15s for the L, C, and R.

Planned Surrounds:

Ported 10" coaxials

Existing Sub:

MicroWrecker: one of my tapped horns, basically has a similar response to Josh's Gjallarhorn, but uses a Kicker CVX, and is only a 20 cubic foot cabinet. An X-ray of the fold is my avatar pic. Likely gonna get sent out to the shop, might pull the driver and scrap the cabinet.

Planned Subs:

~30 cubic foot, 15 Hz tune, 35mm linear/50mm peak 4-inch coil 18 loaded tapped horns.

Sub Amp:

iNuke 3000 DSP with a fan mod and remote switching, sitting unused in the stack of my other gear gathering dust at the moment

Voice coil vaporizers:

2X Klein & Hummel KPA2400 (rebadged Powersoft K10) with a dedicated 240V/30A circuit to each. Currently safely tucked in their boxes, patiently waiting to come out and play.

Display:

42" Panny Plasma. Yup - it is small. It is old too, so the blacks are now a lovely gray. It is also 720P, and it weighs nearly as much as my truck. It's from 2006, so yeah, it just finished the third grade. Time for a new TV??? I think maybe...

Planned:

120" 16X9 DIY AT screen

1080P LCD Projector to be determined

And - for those that don't know the rest of the story.... this is a completely transitional system. While I've moved out of the basement I have been living in, I am not quite living in my place yet. I am currently living in someone else's extra room while I work on finishing up my place. The rebuild includes a decently-sized dedicated theater. Sure, it is a touch smaller than I'd like, but at 11X17, it is one of the largest separate spaces in the house. Since two walls are 90% underground, and all have been given some acoustic treatment, it is also one of the quietest. I measured a noise floor of ~38 dB a few days ago. When the industrial activity at the Port of Tacoma stops and everything is turned off in the house, I'm in the high 20s.

So, um, yeah, it has been more than a couple years since I touched this list...but the project is well underway and the end is in sight. I'm not quite to the point where I can live in the house, but I am there till past dark each night working on it. 

Cool stuff coming.

• Like 2

I am also on the bargain basement side of things:

BluRay Player - Sony BDP-BX2 (Sam'sClub sale)

Projector - Epson 8100 (Clearance at Best Buy)

Screen - 90" DIY MDF with Black Widow paint followed by Glidden's Veil, for a neutral N7-N7.5 grey

Receiver - Denon AVR-2809Ci (Refurbished)

Subwoofer Amps - Two OAudio 500W BASH 

Mains/Center - 9 woofer, 18 tweeter Line Arrays (center with inward curve), based on Bill Fitzmaurice's SLA.  Driver cost: $70.

Surrounds - Curved Line Array bespoke, with Peerless 2" buyouts, tuned to 100Hz (serviceable, but far from good)

Subs - Two Bill Fitzmaurice THTs with Dayton 15" RefHF drivers (design prior to corner reflectors added)

That's it.  No MiniDSP, I use the on-board stuff.  Between Audyssey and the amp's controls, I am decently flat to 15-16Hz, with very even LF response over one row of seats.

Just like lilmike, The future holds some great plans for this space......AT Screen, new projector, LCR/S upgrade to very shallow SEOS variants, and multiple sealed subs.  It will be fun.

New Setup:

BluRay:  Sony BDP-BX2 and Panasonic DMP-BDT460

Projector: Epson 8100 (Clearance at Best Buy)

Screen:  100" Falcon Hi contrast grey AT screen.

Receiver/Processor - Denon DN-500AV with old standby Denon AVR-2809ci (refurbished) as backup 

LCRS Amps: 4x Behringer A500 (no cooling fans, and distortion myth busted)

Sub Amps: 2x Behringer EP4000

LCRS: 7x SEOS 'Big Mals' each with SEOS12 and 4x Aura NS6

Subwoofers: 8x Dayton RefHF 15" in 3 cuft each

DSP: MiniDSP Open-DRC-AN and nanoAVR HD

Acoustic Treatment: 30x 2" and 4" thick 3lb/cuft rigid fiberglass traps, treating wall and ceiling 1st reflections for LCR as well as corners.

In the works:  Plinth-style corner bass traps.

JSS

• Like 1

Hey, I actually feel a little at home after reading the above :)

I got a Viewsonic 8200 spraying a 92" DIY spandex AT screen.

Receiver is a Yamaha... Aventa or something. What ever their "elite" line is. It's the lowest one in that group. I bought it cause it was cheap and had preout a. Makes 90 watts/ch.

LCR are a revolving door of DIY speakers. My most permanent speaker is an In wall design using the eminence delta 10a and SEOS 12.

Surrounds are coming, but my space makes it a little difficult. Not sure yet what to do.

Subs are 6 x CSS Trio12 in sealed DO boxes powered by a Crown XLS 202 and Behringer NU3000. EQ is handled by a minidsp 2x4.

I get extension into the single digits, but its fading by 7hz. And a little suck out at 12hz. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Video:

137 inch 16x9 seymour XD centerstage screen

Pioneer elite PRO FPJ1

Gear: Marantz 7702 Dolby Atmos

3 Behringer Inuke NU4-6000 amps

Behringer Inuke 6000 amp

PS3

Speakers:

7 Behringer B215XL speakers and 4 B212XL ceiling speakers

12 Si 18HT IB sub system.

17x14x6.5 cubic foot room completely sealed.  Carpet over concrete with 3 concrete walls.  Every wall is lined with sheetrock, dual layer sound board and fabric covering.  4-4 inch thick door panels, 8 24x48 2 inch thick panels and 24 16x48 2 inch panels.  Corner traps front and back. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,my system so far:

Picture:

Jvc x-35 projector

Seymorav 106" 2:35 screen

Oppo bdp-103 br player

Sony ps4

Sony ps3

Audio:

Denon 4520

Emotiva xpa-1 3ea (L-C-R speakers)

O&G RS2000 power amp to the infra modules (3ea/channel)

Ino audio Cr80-es filter

Speakers:

Front: Ino audio I56

Center: Ino audio I14

Surround: Ino audio A2 (10ea)

Sub: Ino audio infra-Y6 (6ea 12" elements)

Room is 3.6-5.2m thick rugg on the floor and some accustic panels on front/side walls .

Very happy with this : )

• 1 year later...

Speakers

Klipsch KLF 30

Klipsch KLF C7

Klipsch KG 5.5

Klipsch KG 4.2

Amps

Elektra 7 channel power

Cary Cinema 11a

Crown XLS5000

Subs

Dual Passive JTR 2400 Captivators

T.V

70 inch Sony 850b

Not sure what my next purchase will be but tend to buy used and keep things for up to a decade technology permitting. Pretty happy at the moment. Very happy with the bargain buying on some of my gear here too!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Updated my list a bit...

AJ72,

Just noticed the speaker setup you have. No shortage of dynamic headroom there. KG5.5's for surrounds?! Go big or go home!

LilMike I noticed your sub amp was listed as an Inuke3000dsp... :D

Yeah my wife hates them. I picked up the 5.5's new but all the rest I've bought used for dirt cheap so couldn't resist. I feel like my system is sort of like the millennium falcon "Not much to look at but can make the jump to light speed". :)

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Updated my list a bit...

AJ72,

Just noticed the speaker setup you have. No shortage of dynamic headroom there. KG5.5's for surrounds?! Go big or go home!

LilMike I noticed your sub amp was listed as an Inuke3000dsp... :D

Yeah, currently my whole system is in transition, I don't even have an AVR at the moment cause I just sent mine off for warranty repairs. 

It all got moved last weekend, but it is not all in the same building yet. I have a LOT going on with trying to get the new place finished up.

Lots of changes coming, lots of changes.

Yeah, currently my whole system is in transition, I don't even have an AVR at the moment cause I just sent mine off for warranty repairs. 

It all got moved last weekend, but it is not all in the same building yet. I have a LOT going on with trying to get the new place finished up.

Lots of changes coming, lots of changes.

Will there be a build/setup thread?

JSS

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

I'm new to the DB forums (though a long time reader), so I figured I'd say hello by posting here. My system is relatively tame by the standards here, but minor detail:

Mains: KEF R500

Center: KEF R200c

Surrounds: KEF Q800ds

Sub: Funk 18.0SE

Pre/Pro: Emotiva UMC-200

Amp: Outlaw 7125

small_zpspscymxe9.jpg

Thanks Josh. I mostly hang around AH (I'm one of the mods there), though I venture over to AVS from time to time. Re: the Funk, it's definitely a top shelf performer in my book, and on the plus side it's a lot smaller than my old PB13. I'm actually getting a new cabinet from Nathan to better match the KEFs; after that, I plan to refinish the old cab with the help of a friend, and ultimately shoot for duals.

• 4 weeks later...

Sweet! Thanks for posting, Dave.

Hey, I have a question/critique.... are those shadows in the back supposed to be rear surrounds and the other side surrounds for 7.1 audio? Are you finally going 7.1? If so... please, do NOT place them like this. You might as well stay 5.1 if so. I can help and suggest other spots but I know space is tight in your room.

Thanks again for posting.