The Low Frequency Content Thread (films, games, music, etc)

maxmercy

I am failing to get the excel spreadsheet working right now on this stupid computer, but are the two last Harry Potters on the list to be done at some point? :)

Harry Potter 6:

http://data-bass.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/12-the-low-frequency-content-thread-films-games-music-etc/page-79#entry2055

Harry Potter 7 part 1 and 2 (scroll down):

http://data-bass.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/12-the-low-frequency-content-thread-films-games-music-etc/page-82#entry2203

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes was a bit disappointing in the bass department. Had some big scenes with a bit of heft but even running subs hot didn't help the cause. I'm no expert but bass wasn't clean, sometimes muddied so I wouldn't be surprised if it was clipped, filtered. Just an average mix all round.

Thanks man, that little blop down to 20hz and a little below right after the roll is what I was looking for. When I had the gratuitous LT going my space, that part was a little hotter than what I see in that graph but really provided a cool effect to say the least. I honestly like that part better than the roll itself :) 

Thanks man, that little blop down to 20hz and a little below right after the roll is what I was looking for. When I had the gratuitous LT going my space, that part was a little hotter than what I see in that graph but really provided a cool effect to say the least. I honestly like that part better than the roll itself :)

there is something that vibrates like crazy in my room at ~30Hz and so is lit up by that scene, it makes my head feel like it's buzzing which is quite an odd sensation!

Is that when the plane flips and then right after you get a couple of puffs of wind hitting you?  I have not tried that scene in a while and not since my new sub system. 

it's the scene where it does a barrel role & the propeller blade comes off the one engine slamming into the side of the plane. I've never seen the rest of the film tbh so not sure if there are other bits like that.

Is that when the plane flips and then right after you get a couple of puffs of wind hitting you?  I have not tried that scene in a while and not since my new sub system. 

Yes, right after the barrel roll, there is that strong 30hz drone then there is a little whop-whop-whop that is much lower. I get that feeling in spades and it makes the hair on my head stand up when that happens. It's awesome. 

Finally managed to watch Oz tonight after I spotted a bargain a few weeks ago - storyline is a bit schmaltzy lol but sound is great, love the deep stuff from the green witch!  Only had it around -17 as th missus was watching it with me but the end bit is definitely demo-worthy and might have to get played loud tomorrow morning ;) lol

Managed to pick up some great deals in a 5-for-£30 offer, including Olympus Has Fallen.

I think I'm in serious need of a house curve once I've sorted my EQ out, I wasn't massively impressed with the monument scene running it flat-as-audyssey-calibrated-it, but re-running it something like 10dB hot was a lot more fun... lol

I may well follow your lead on that ;) lol

We watched All Is Lost tonight - man, that's a cheery film... lol

And slow!!  Seriously, sometimes I just wanted to shout at him to hurry it up :lol:

That said, at the end it did make me think so I guess that's the point of the film, and the mix was great, the thunder was nicely done :)

Hi everyone. 

Maybe you guys were aware of this already but the 2007 movie AVP-Requiem is unfiltered and has consistent bass hits throughout down to 1Hz.  Here are some scenes (digital looped).  Not the only ones by far that go down low but you get the idea.  As an Aliens/Predator fan myself, I can safely say that this movie is an overall pant-load but I just thought I'd mention it in case somebody wanted to watch some gruesome violence mixed with a pointless plotline while their couch shakes.  :mellow:

• Like 1

Yes Olympus has fallen is a good bass flick. One of the best scenes of all time "Washington Monument scene" for sure. Just finished T4 which had some good moments but I'm not as excited about it as others have been. A lot of bass moments nearly the whole way through with a couple of scenes that stood out but it didn't really excite. Not complaining as it was fun but I prefer it cleaner.

Continuing my unintended trend this week of watching sea-based films :lol: last night was Life of Pi (3D).  Similar premise to All Is Lost but somewhat cheerier... lol

Good depth to the bass, although only occasionally dramatic and substantial, but overall a great production, and the 3D did add to the film.

I will have to watch U-571 and Das Boot later in the week... :lol: lol