The Low Frequency Content Thread (films, games, music, etc)

maxmercy

WTF!

Being the guy that I am let's just throw out everything I have done so far.  Why? Because I just produced better graphs and I figured out that I am about 5 dBs down at 3hz!  I am not sure my rolloff profile is good enough unless you guys it is. 

Here is my WOTW plane crash scene:

capt0302262147_zpscd56b20d.jpg

capt0302262156_zps681a1cbd.jpg

capt0302262157_zps31fc2aad.jpg

Yes it should.  I am liking these new graphs and later once the rolloff is fixed I will post more. I will be away until Wednesday so there will be a gap here.  Do I need to redo FOTP or is this getting the picture.  You can see the extra spls at 32hz where your peak graphs show above reference. 

Next up will be Underworld, Skyfall, and Cloverfield with this format.  I don't have photoshop or I would shrink the pics and put them in the graphs.  The top pic is the start and the bottom is the end and of course the bottom of the spec graphs are the start and the top is the end.  Ideally putting the pictures on the side with the start at the bottom and end at the top. 

I would think that the red plots at 3hz would become dark red or white. What do you think about my purple plots since you showed that FOTP plays very loud at 32 hz and I am getting 0 to 3 dBs over reference at the same frequency. I mean it could happen with rerouted bass. If I have time tonight I will perform the rolloff to see if anything happens but I might drive to buffalo tonight.

MK:  looking really good!  Thanks for all your work.

I replayed Skyfall just for the subway train crashing scene, and tickled the clip lights at -10MV on that one big burst you've been mentioning, JSS.  This is likely louder than I will ever be playing anything by about 10 clicks, so I'm not terribly worried, but that scene is the real deal.

That all should sound cool. I still haven't got around to picking up Skyfall.

Watched A Good Day to Die Hard. Very good bass! Tons and tons of deep stuff. It's almost everywhere either in the music score or the bombastic 7.1 sound mix. One of the best I've heard and I've heard quite a few of them. The bass signature of this one reminded me a bit of Live Free and Die Hard. It should chart well.

Per my roll off compensation I use for PvA, 6Hz is jut over 10dB lower than the highest peak at any single frequency in the entire film, not just that scene....I take the whole film into account, making it difficult for films to be true 5-Stars....

JSS