The Low Frequency Content Thread (films, games, music, etc)

maxmercy

Nevermind!!  I did it I think

BAM!

capt1305270200_zps9165e7e3.jpg

Sorry mkt, but its still wrong. :P  That strong pinky white blob should be on under 10hz area. Also why amplitude is so low in level. You can adjust scroll speed on your speclab in options-spectrum display settings-waterfall scroll interfalls, if needed.

Did not need to as using 1 for the decimation moved everything over and now my low end is very similar. At least now I know my processor, amp, and bluray player go down to 3 hz so if my system can't it has to be the mic not picking it up. I have time to do these every night when I can so I will work my way down the list that don't have the graphs. I will first graph the movies I own and maybe you guys can ship me a bluray of a movie you want too see if I don't own it. If it is at Netflix or blockbuster for cheap save the money on shipping as I will pick it up. I wish I had a bluray player in this computer as I could do pictures and chapters times like Bosso but my screen is in another room so I peek thru the door crack to see where I am while watching the computer. Should I do so many scenes in a movie or just the big famous scenes? Underworld has bass in so many scenes and it does go down very low! Same for FOTP! Man that roll is only 30 hz but the effect is jaw dropping not to mention it still had ULF to add weight! Let me know guys I figured these are two of the big hitters so I did them because they deserve them.

Isn't the input level abit low? anyway MK give me a PM with your adress so i can ship a copy of the movie "Inside" with french dts-hd sound to you,it have bass down to 4Hz,im in sweden so it will take some days to be delivered but i guess we are not in a rush for it.

Nicke

Couple of things, MK.

First, thank you very much for carrying the torch on graphing.

Have you checked your XO?  On your graphs, it looks like you're running with 80hz XO, but the spread goes all the way up to 120hz.  There is almost nothing above 80hz (and sometimes, oddly, 60hz) in your graphs, except for the f2 and sometimes f3 of the highest amplitude effects.  It makes me think there must be a sharp rolloff present at that frequency, consistent with a crossover.

What channels do your graphs represent?  Just LFE?  Or, is bass redirection happening and they represent a summation of all channels?

Lastly, this is a great service to the community that will have lasting implications and value.  To that end, I have a minor request - could you label each graph with chapter and timestamp, and title the overall post with the particular source you're working with?  That would help for cataloging, updating each movie's screencap post, and for archival's sake.

Muchos gracias, señor!

Couple of things, MK.

First, thank you very much for carrying the torch on graphing. Your welcome and no problem

Have you checked your XO?  On your graphs, it looks like you're running with 80hz XO, but the spread goes all the way up to 120hz.  There is almost nothing above 80hz (and sometimes, oddly, 60hz) in your graphs, except for the f2 and sometimes f3 of the highest amplitude effects.  It makes me think there must be a sharp rolloff present at that frequency, consistent with a crossover.  I am running an 80hz crossover, should I change it?

What channels do your graphs represent?  Just LFE?  Or, is bass redirection happening and they represent a summation of all channels? All channels set to small and sent to LFE.

Lastly, this is a great service to the community that will have lasting implications and value.  To that end, I have a minor request - could you label each graph with chapter and timestamp, and title the overall post with the particular source you're working with?  That would help for cataloging, updating each movie's screencap post, and for archival's sake.  I agree, I do want to label them as well.  How do I do this? I will do it once you guys teach me.

Muchos gracias, señor!

Guys remember that many of Bosso's were of his LFE system and mic'd and these are digital off the disc.  Of course this leaves me to this question, How do I measure my system now to compare to the digital feed? If I drop off too much under 10hz then Bosso will make a quick sale of his shaper!  I will assume I just plug my amp and mic in and play the movie that way? 

One other thing, we can make this more specific because I am graphing many scenes because the 5 star and 4.75 star films have many.  We could just get time stamps for the best scenes that create these peaks in Max's graphs to make it simple.  You know you guys have created a monster! I did the same thing when you guys taught me to use REW and take pictures!  I go nuts sometimes.  With Priest I just wanted to show that it has an awesome soundtrack that is full bandwidth but just not very high in levels.  Still sounds great to me.  Of course you would have to like Dark end of world Vampire movies to stomach it but it is like the movie Legion. 

Also, I would like to post some graphs over on AVS but I am getting a feel if most there even care anymore.  If not I won't bother but it would be as simple as copy and paste since I will have them done for here already. 

Skyfall:

The attack on skyfall starting with the helicopter(bottom is first and house blowing up is last)

Tanks blowing up and helicopter crashing into house

capt1305290334_zps54f4a374.jpg

More grenade and helicopter

capt1305290333_zps4d421439.jpg

capt1305290332_zps9145afbf.jpg

capt1305290331_zps0c0beda7.jpg

Next grenade and heli flying in background

capt1305290330_zpsd25b7f04.jpg

First grenade

capt1305290329_zps4fb47f93.jpg

Helicopter flying to the house playing music

capt1305290328_zpsd7d1f1c8.jpg

Excellent. That scene was absolutely wretched to my ears in the theater. However, very fun at home.

Something I'm getting out of your graphs so far, is the concentration is energy around 30 or 40hz. My subs impedance peak in box are at 36hz iirc. I measured but can't remember exactly. So amplifier demands should be low in this region. So I'm encouraged by that. Cause I don't use mega amps.