Bass Movie of the Year - 2013 Poll - CLOSED

nube

Bass Movie of 2013  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What was the best bass movie of the year in 2013?

• After Earth
    • Elysium
    • Kick-Ass 2
    • Kon-Tiki
    • Oblivion
    • Olympus Has Fallen
    • Oz the Great and Powerful
    • Pacific Rim
    • World War Z
    • *** Write-in candidate (post your choice below)

Oblivion wins 2013 Bass Movie of the Year, in a landslide!!! :)

Which 2013 release gets your nod for best all-around bass movie of the year?  If you're not sure, here are links to the measurements of each of the polled options. 

After Earth

Elysium

Kick-Ass 2

Kon-Tiki

Oblivion

Olympus Has Fallen

Oz the Great and Powerful

Pacific Rim

World War Z

If you have a choice that's not listed, write it in by mentioning it below.  Let's limit it only to movies that have been measured.

If this were for overall presentation/experience I'd say Oblivion all day. That's still my go-to demo movie. But for straight up bass movie, how can one not choose Olympus Has Fallen? It missed 5 star rating by .2 db for level. Otherwise, it has everything you can ask for.

Oblivion gets my vote for best all around LFE experience.

If I am more in the mood for an all out bass assault however, I would go with either DiT or FA. Loved both for an all out pummeling.

As far as single best LFE scene, I would vote for OHF Washington Monument.

Vote for whatever 2013 release is your favorite bass movie for whatever criteria you want.  Some might look at the movie as a whole, some might focus in on the entire mix of a particular bass movie, some might only look at the bass content in the 2013 releases, and some might use some other (undisclosed) criteria.  There is no right answer beyond what's your favorite!  :)

Go on, vote for Oblivion, you know you want to ;):P lol

Another bonus with Oblivion is the M83 score that you can listen to without the dialogue over the top - as I have done several times!  There are several bass sweeps in the score, including the rope break scene, but aside from that it just seems to totally suit the mood of every scene.  If you've got the disk and not listened to the M83 score (selectable in the Languages menu) watch the film with just the score, it's still great!

It wasn't the best film, but in addition to the monument effects, I do recall some RPG(?) explosions on the ground guard shacks that also possessed a ton of energy... albeit brief relative to the monument stuff.    

edit, forgot to mention, Oblivion got my vote, wide variety of reasons, bottom line it just delivered, loved the visual aesthetic as well.  

Oblivion.

I graphed 11 scenes for that one. That tells me all I need to know.

The drones were awesome… R2D2's evil brother on genetically modified steroids.

The flyover/landing scene is as good as it gets, IMO.

Be sure to place a vote then since we are tied at the moment. :) I noticed you have not officially voted yet.

Archived