(8) Ported Incriminator Audio Judge 21" build

lukeamdman

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Argggg...I can't leave the finish like this.  I'm going to end up using the duratex roller, BUT, I'm going to take a page out of Mike's book.  

He first coated his THT with a flat black latex paint and then just a single coat of duratex was enough.

Does the finish look that bad Luke?

• 3 weeks later...

Where we at Luke? Any news?

BTW next time if ever you need to do a comparison like that just get out the DMM and check the voltage. That way you know.

Are you going to fire the vents and drivers towards the center like in the pic above? You might get more gain and a flatter result firing into the wall.

Where we at Luke? Any news?

BTW next time if ever you need to do a comparison like that just get out the DMM and check the voltage. That way you know.

Are you going to fire the vents and drivers towards the center like in the pic above? You might get more gain and a flatter result firing into the wall.

I have all the MDF for the next two cabs and actually had some free evenings last week that I could work on them, but I got absolutely destroyed by kidney stones.

Today I'm feeling better and have some energy again but I'll be out of town for the rest of the week.  Next week I'll try and get two more finished.  

Ugh, man. That does suck. Sorry to hear. Man... stones suck!

Guess that's what happens when you try and leave the sealed sub world and go back to the resonant world. You get kidney stones.

Happened to Rob, now you. Who's next?!?!

:P

But seriously. Hope you feel better soon.

"Guess that's what happens when you try and leave the sealed sub world and go back to the resonant world. You get kidney stones.

Happened to Rob, now you. Who's next?!?!"

Uh oh.... I never went with a "proper" sealed sub setup though, so I should be OK, right???

Sorry to hear about the kidney stones Luke, hope you get well quickly. 

• 3 weeks later...

Seems like it never ends...

Btw, how many of these are up and running or do you still have the sealed system up?

I have two of the ported subs and two DO subs in the room.  It's been nice to instantly switch back and forth with the MiniDSP to compare them.  

Archived