#21 lukeamdman

lukeamdman

Bass Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • LocationBurnsville, MN

Posted 20 September 2016 - 03:54 PM

So I know these speakers are overkill in one of the most righteous ways......but maybe a projector and AT screen are in order at some point to keep up?  With an AT screen, you can backlight it and still show people the Mountains of Mayhem that lie beyond.

This is assuming your house is still standing after your LLT upgrade...

JSS

An AT screen is definitely on my list.  For the sake of back row seating, I need to raise the center up at least a few feet which I'd need an AT screen to do as well. 

• SME likes this

#22 maxmercy

maxmercy

Super Bass Overlord

• Moderators
  • 1,833 posts
  • LocationNW FL

Posted 21 September 2016 - 12:00 AM

I figured you'd just make a third monster WTW for the center.

JSS

• SME likes this

#23 lukeamdman

lukeamdman

Bass Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • LocationBurnsville, MN

Posted 21 September 2016 - 09:33 PM

I figured you'd just make a third monster WTW for the center.

JSS

Believe it or not I don't spend a lot of time watching movies.  The limited time I spend in the HT I'm listening to mostly 2ch music. 

That'd be $3k for something that's hardly used. 

#24 Infrasonic

Infrasonic

Bass Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 10:48 PM

I believe it....

But then I wonder why bother chasing single digits? :blink:

Needs moar O-thorn's! :lol:

#25 lukeamdman

lukeamdman

Bass Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • LocationBurnsville, MN

Posted 22 September 2016 - 01:47 AM

I believe it....

But then I wonder why bother chasing single digits? :blink:

Needs moar O-thorn's! :lol:

Yeah I should have just gone ported from the start.  The only sure way to get some tactile feedback below 15hz is to get some Crowsons.  It's on the list lol. 

#26 SME

SME

Super Bass Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 05:28 AM

Yeah I should have just gone ported from the start.  The only sure way to get some tactile feedback below 15hz is to get some Crowsons.  It's on the list lol. 

You had to satisfy your curiosity.  Someone (who has been conspicuously absent from this forum as of late) made a big stink about content under 10 Hz being audible, even in concrete slab basements.  I find it interesting that some people claim this to be so even though, at least in your case, no one could tell the difference between with and without under 10 Hz.

I can't blame you for going back to ported though if you can't tell the difference in your room.  I've wondered a few times whether I'd be better off going ported with my subs, but I simply don't have room for the large enclosures as I'd want to tune down to at least 12 Hz.  My room sucks there.  Maybe some day in a future room.

#27 lukeamdman

lukeamdman

Bass Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • LocationBurnsville, MN

Posted 22 September 2016 - 02:38 PM

You had to satisfy your curiosity.  Someone (who has been conspicuously absent from this forum as of late) made a big stink about content under 10 Hz being audible, even in concrete slab basements.  I find it interesting that some people claim this to be so even though, at least in your case, no one could tell the difference between with and without under 10 Hz.

I can't blame you for going back to ported though if you can't tell the difference in your room.  I've wondered a few times whether I'd be better off going ported with my subs, but I simply don't have room for the large enclosures as I'd want to tune down to at least 12 Hz.  My room sucks there.  Maybe some day in a future room.

I had tried sealed before (quad sealed LMS 5400) and reached the same conclusion then, but that was in a different room.  With the new room + the riser I had to give it another try. 

#28 Kyle

Kyle

Super Power Member

• Moderators
  • 194 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 04:22 AM

I had tried sealed before (quad sealed LMS 5400) and reached the same conclusion then, but that was in a different room.  With the new room + the riser I had to give it another try. 

You need to try 32 LMS's each with 4k, then put a low pass filter at 20Hz and another high pass around 80Hz for your mains just to make sure you have a 3 octave gap in your response. Then you will hear 10Hz easy

:D

• lukeamdman likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users