DIY JBL GTO 1514?

Lecter83

Hi,

First I introduce myself, my name is Israel and I am Spanish. Excuse bad writing in English.

I wanted to know the performance you can give a JBL GTO 1514 sealed reviewers. The point is that in Spain is recommended for all types of rooms, whether for film or music.

In the Spanish forum, there is a user who keeps telling me it is value, quality, price and performance for the best driver.

I have done in the Spanish forum the proposal to DIY with Dayton drivers as Ultimax 18-22 and Stereo Integrity HT18D2 in an enclosure Marty Cube.

But I still say that the best recommended is the JBL GTO 1514, and getting a similar performance for a cheaper price.

What do you think? I'm a little confused, because I find it strange that such a cheap such as JBL, driver can give better performance in sealed enclosure, the other two drivers in enclosure Marty Cube.

best regards.

Ultimax 18-22 and Stereo Integrity HT18D2 are larger than 15" JBL drivers.  They will move more air and create more output in sealed and ported subwoofer boxes (assuming you use suitable amplifiers).  Both will sound 'quick' and 'tight' with suitable electronic equalisation.

SI HT18D2 are not available now.  You will have to consider the Ultimax and other options!

Archived