(8) Sealed Incriminator Audio Judge 21" build

lukeamdman

Maybe, when you aren't busy testing or playing a ref+++, you driver only two or four woofers at a time. 

I like this idea but not for 'break-in' but for evaluating the performance envelope and limits of the box / driver.  The tricky thing might be dealing with the unpowered boxes.  Shorting the leads will help but not eliminate the interference.

Would you be willing to try this at some point?  Compare system performance with one / two / four boxes?

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like this idea but not for 'break-in' but for evaluating the performance envelope and limits of the box / driver.  The tricky thing might be dealing with the unpowered boxes.  Shorting the leads will help but not eliminate the interference.

Would you be willing to try this at some point?  Compare system performance with one / two / four boxes?

Yeah I could do that.  What area of system performance did you have in mind? 

Yeah I could do that.  What area of system performance did you have in mind? 

Just curious how much headroom you're dealing with.  Can one box (or two) be driven hard enough to provide 'enough' clean output compared to the four?   Will distortion become an issue, and if so at what point?

If this was a single box you would be able to compare gains of adding drivers to the shared box volume (like MK's mini-IB).  I like evaluating how a system performs and also at trends as you add / remove capacity from that system.  Where is the sweet spot, etc.  What do you actually gain by adding drivers, volume, power?

No way can you find another pair of Snake Oil interconnects for less than $12,000 for a set of 6ft RCA cables.

Balanced ones are going to require an additional charge, of course.

Pairs are matched at the lab at no additional charge. We strive to bring you only the best in inter-channel crosstalk reduction.

Yes, we do offer that in our Cryo Elite line of interconnect cables.

6ft RCA matched pair for $25,000. Balanced version is an additional charge.

Please allow for 2-4 weeks lead time for this series of interconnect. We import our liquid nitrogen from Japan. Only the best for our Snake Oil products!

I'm with you.

Cable lifters

Cryo treated interconnects

Green markers

$7999 speaker stands with harmonically stabilized quartz crystal ballast (sand put in front of a speaker playing 25Hz for 10 sec)

I wish you guys could have been in the room with me when I attended was dragged to the LA Audio Society meeting a few months ago.

Pics?  Tales of despair?   

Do tell.  Sometimes it helps if you just talk it through.  ;)

Yes, we do offer that in our Cryo Elite line of interconnect cables.

6ft RCA matched pair for $25,000. Balanced version is an additional charge.

Please allow for 2-4 weeks lead time for this series of interconnect. We import our liquid nitrogen from Japan. Only the best for our Snake Oil products!

Yes, we freeze our cables at an astounding 273.15 Kelvin to ensure the absolute best performance. Shipped individually to ensure no cross contamination in proprietary vacuum-sealed polymer hybrid materials. 

Pics?  Tales of despair?   

Do tell.  Sometimes it helps if you just talk it through.   ;)

No, no pics or anything.

Just good old fashioned audio snobbery mixed with heavy doses of bullshit and mysticism.

Yes, we freeze our cables at an astounding 273.15 Kelvin to ensure the absolute best performance. Shipped individually to ensure no cross contamination in proprietary vacuum-sealed polymer hybrid materials. 

Ah! I see you are a previous customer of Bragging Rights Audio.

Are you happy with the Snake Oil products you have purchased from us?

This is WAY more fun than hypotheticals about comparing drivers. Who says this place is just about bass, huh?!? :D

Oh, whoops. Sorry Luke. :P

Ah! I see you are a previous customer of Bragging Rights Audio.

Are you happy with the Snake Oil products you have purchased from us?

What's this customer stuff eh? who is "Us?"  Snake Oil Interconnects, my parent company and it's subsidiaries are still wholly owned and operated by BeastAudio Incorporated. You work for me nowwwwww. 

Didn't you get the memo???

I'm gonna need those TPS reports by noon tomorrow.

Bragging Rights Audio, or as we upper board members refer to it on the corporate yacht...BRA...

Utilizes only the finest materials and craftsmanship in our products. Our proprietary bass drivers and mid-woofers use copper salvaged from the jackets of bullets used to fight the enemies of the USA. Our Kevlar cones are recycled from material harvested from flak jackets that saved a persons life in the line of duty. We only use the strongest titanium, aluminum and steel reclaimed from NHRA Top fuel engines or decommissioned military equipment such as tanks, jet turbines, and rotary cannons.

Bragging Rights Audio, or as we upper board members refer to it on the corporate yacht...BRA...

Utilizes only the finest materials and craftsmanship in our products. Our proprietary bass drivers and mid-woofers use copper salvaged from the jackets of bullets used to fight the enemies of the USA. Our Kevlar cones are recycled from material harvested from flak jackets that saved a persons life in the line of duty. We only use the strongest titanium, aluminum and steel reclaimed from NHRA Top fuel engines or decommissioned military equipment such as tanks, jet turbines, and rotary cannons.

Don't forget the binding posts made from 50 cal. casings. After being used to crush the enemy from 2 miles out....

Archived