(8) Sealed Incriminator Audio Judge 21" build

lukeamdman

Mabye I'm massively missing something but where are your measurements of your new system? You have the working subwoofers, great looking enclosures, etc, right?

Well, I won't go into much detail right now, but things took a very unexpected turn to say the least.

Next week I'll have an update, which should include plenty of pictures of everything finally put together, and some SPL/excursion videos :)

No he doesn't. As Luke stated earlier in this thread, there was an unexpected turn in his plans.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me and Mike already sanded off the Duratex from the baffles.  That would have taken me 3-4x times longer if Mike wasn't there.  I was going to do it by hand since the enclosures are in my basement and I didn't want the dust everywhere, but he showed me the light with connecting the shop vac to the palm sander.  Kind of funny that we both have the same Dewalt palm sanders and Rigid shop vacs!

20160109_101050_zpst0l7fq2p.jpg

20160109_105808_zpsgghgldof.jpg

Luke, I hope you didn't take what I posted as "where are your measurements" and that's it. Your enclosures look very good but I was [am] puzzled by the thread name being changed and your comment about the "working drivers." You have eight of them, correct? Is one of them bad or are all of them bad? If either of the latter is correct, what is wrong with them? Just curious. Wondering how he builds, tests, and ships drivers is all. 

You gotta be glad they're done.

Ya know it's kind of funny.  The whole idea around this build was to keep it simple for minimal cost and time, but this has turned out to be the huge headache. 

Oh well.  First world problems!

Luke, I hope you didn't take what I posted as "where are your measurements" and that's it. Your enclosures look very good but I was [am] puzzled by the thread name being changed and your comment about the "working drivers." You have eight of them, correct? Is one of them bad or are all of them bad? If either of the latter is correct, what is wrong with them? Just curious. Wondering how he builds, tests, and ships drivers is all. 

No worries.  I've been flooded with PMs, mostly on AVS, about what the heck is going on with this build.

The thread title was changed because this build won't be with FTWs anymore.  I have new drivers arriving next week. 

What 21s?

I thought I was the only one wondering.

I went with the Incriminator Audio Judge 21". 

These will have a custom suspension though that lowers the Fs from 36hz to 26hz.  They still have four spiders, but they'll each be a little softer and will require about 3 weeks to break in.

The Judge has an 80lb motor with dual 10" diameter ferrite slugs that are 1" thick.  The 3" voice coil is 8 layers of flat aluminum with a 66mm winding length.  These are a DVC configuration with each coil having a dcr of 1.5ohm. 

On the inside of the motor at the top of the pole vent is a 2lb piece of aluminum with vents for cooling.  Top plate 30mm thick. 

xmax is around 28mm with usable excursion in the mid 30's.  xmech is 45mm inward. 

what made you change course?

I won't go into much detail, but I had issues with a large number of the 8 FTW drivers.

I will say that Mark was completely 100% willing to start building and shipping new drivers ASAP no questions asked, but I decided to go another direction and he gave me a full refund.  Additionally, the exchange rate for the Canadian dollar had dropped since I originally paid for the invoice, so the refund he issued was around ~$311 short.  Within minutes after notifying him of this, he PayPal'd the shortage to me immediately.  I certainly can't say anything negative about his customer service!       

WOW, Going with Nick's stuff now. Well another Nick's stuff. LOL. I had chatted with him for quite a while years ago about his 21's. They performed very similar to the FTW's in simulations in stock form. SO now that you have a lower Fs they should be just fine. Although they havent been Klippeled yet. LOL

Anyways I look forward to hearing your thoughts on them.

Archived