• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 Kyle

Kyle

Super Power Member

• Moderators
  • 195 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 09:52 PM

I'm doing away with long term and short term averages unless there are any objections with good arguments. We'll simply maintain 2m burst going forward for CEA2010 charts.

These changes will apply to dbv2

• shadyJ likes this

#62 Ricci

Ricci

Super Bass Overlord

• Moderators
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 25 October 2016 - 03:36 PM

No objections here. Less work for both of us and less confusion to casual viewers anyway.

#63 Funk Audio

Funk Audio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 08:41 PM

If there are no more long term averages shown what about putting the long term output in a chart just like burst output, just list the output at fixed frquencies, the same frequencies as burst and sort it the same way. Also it might be nice to even have that available to show on the same comparison graph as burst, so one can compare the same system, for burst and long term, as well as to other systems.

#64 Ricci

Ricci

Super Bass Overlord

• Moderators
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 26 October 2016 - 04:53 PM

Anybody want to vote on Mr. Funk's idea?

I'm not sure how I feel about that yet. Need to mull it over a little.

#65 shadyJ

shadyJ

Power Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 07:34 PM

I, for one, like Mr. Funk's idea. The long-term output sweeps are often overlooked in favor of the burst output measurements, but they still do show an important aspect of the subwoofer's performance. I guess they are overlooked because they are not summed up in a single number as CEA-2010 does. 

#66 Kyle

Kyle

Super Power Member

• Moderators
  • 195 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 08:55 PM

We're going to add sound pressure per liter in the new version. This won't be a logarithmic Y-axis scale, it will just be a straight up sound pressure (Pa) per liter because the scales for both are the same. e.g.a two fold increase in Pa = 6dB. So if a system is twice the size of another system and it makes 6dB more output then that system has the same Pa/Liter as the smaller system.

We could also look at sound intensity per liter but this is a little different. A two fold increase in sound intensity is only a 3dB gain so I'm not sure if this will favor the larger systems in a misleading way.  I tend to feel that Pa/Liter is the best metric.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users