2. 2. Recommendation?

Pixels (Dolby True HD 7.1)

Level - 5 Stars (112.7dB composite)

Extension - 5 Stars (1Hz)

Dynamics - 5 Stars (28.06dB)

Execution - 5 Stars

Overall - 5 Stars!!!

Recommendation - Buy

Notes:  ULF highlight in the 49th minute. I am impressed that there is soft limiting and no hard-edged clipping on the track.  All the flatter tops have rounded edges, best heard from the 44 to 48 min mark in the LCRs.  Compared to a hard-clipped track like STID, T:L and Immortals, this is much better.  As for the film, it's an Adam Sandler film.  You either like them, tolerate them, or hate them.

post-20-0-67765300-1446366760.jpg

JSS

In a couple weeks when I have the 8 sealed 21s we should watch this at my place. 

Make sure you engage that 15Hz high pass nice and steep because you wouldn't be able to hear, feel or perceive the effects below that anyway, remember?  No need to run up your power bill for nothing.  :P 

Make sure you engage that 15Hz high pass nice and steep because you wouldn't be able to hear, feel or perceive the effects below that anyway, remember?  No need to run up your power bill for nothing.  :P

I know you think I'm nuts, but that sums up my old room pretty well.  Quad sealed 5400s powered by dual Sanways is no joke, but my room somehow ate it all up and it was a bummer. 

I'm really hoping that the combination of a smaller room + wood riser + new furniture will add something!

8-21's in your current sized theater?  Put it like this: if you come back saying the same thing about not feeling under 15, I'm calling the insane asylum on you. :lol: 

I'm glad to see you make the switch back to full low.  Man, if your kitchen didn't like the vibration before... :ph34r:

Give us an update when you get it up and running and maybe some speclabs of this flick, it really is phenomenal with how low it reaches. 

8-21's in your current sized theater?  Put it like this: if you come back saying the same thing about not feeling under 15, I'm calling the insane asylum on you. :lol:

I'm glad to see you make the switch back to full low.  Man, if your kitchen didn't like the vibration before... :ph34r:

Give us an update when you get it up and running and maybe some speclabs of this flick, it really is phenomenal with how low it reaches. 

It's actually (10) 21s if you count the Othorns :D

I need to download that latest Speclab config file, but I'll definitely get some captures with the new subs. 

• 2 months later...

Pixels. Will update title block when voting is complete. I had Shreds cap the 2 most difficult scenes to reproduce full bandwidth. Max mentions the first one below in the general thread. Steve Boeddeker and Gary Summers looks like a lethal design/mix team.

T4CjcT1.jpg

Wuuuuuuut :blink:

That last bit looks insane.

The levels don't even look that high, going from the thingy on the right hand side that looks to be nowhere near as loud as it could be??  (technical terms ;))

I'd love to know what system they were running in the mixing room.

Archived