whats deepest bass in film

pdasterly

I also like to dial my buttkickers in to a "set it and forget it" level,but I'm gonna make a few movie reccomendations rather than just one.  For deepest and strongest bass transient, I reccomend the red death dragon crash scene at the end of the first How to train your dragon movie (peak centered around 2-5hz I think).

Though personally I find The incredible hulk (2008) best for low bass dialing on a buttkicker lfe. During the end fight scene between the abomination and hulk there is a point where the hulk smashes a cop car in half and uses it's two subsequent fragments to pummel abomination. Shortly thereafter, the cop car gauntlets proving insufficient are discarded, and hulk commits a singularly mighty wallop on a pinned abomination. It is within this wallop/punch that a an enormous amount of lfe content (similiar to the dragon crash) is contained. Sort of like a sweep, almost.

I reccomend using this scene to calibrate low frequency level instead of the dragon crash (I'm assuming your simply trying to deduce the highest level you can set the buttkicker before it bottoms on deep infrasonic bass content) as it appears to be centered around 9-10hz,though it does extend below this aswell. I reccomend it because (in my experience anyways)the significant 9-10hz content can also quite easily bottom your kicker, and by using this scene you should not have any issue with most any films that dig down into this frequency region. It will also provide headroom for a movie that has content as hot and deep as how to train your dragon.

I also wanted to add some suggestions for bass above the infrasonic range. I find tron legacy quite useful in this regard. Plenty of 30hz bass scenes for calibrating a shake level you feel is appropiate to the bass you are hearing. In addition, tron legacy also has plenty of 40hz+ bass in it's daft punk soundtrack which you can use to dial in (if 40hz+ bass is your thing) for a nice thump coming from the music without too much vibrational bleed in that may cause it to be distracting.

I personally have struck a fine balance in feeding my buttkicker a signal that permits it to play even into the 75hz range (not for everyone though). If you wish to proceed in calibrating this level as well, I shall merely suggest  the opening scene in "the lord of the rings" (fellowship). After Sauron is defeated, a bass sweep is emitted (if memory serves me correctly it is between 75-54hz). If this sweep is just palpable, then I find (for myself atleast) that the level is sufficient on the buttkicker.  :lol:

I have my x-overs set at 50hz cutoff, will try the hulk to calibrate system.

Watch pixels this weekend and my system bottomed out a few times, seems like every new movie that comes out has deeper and deeper bass. Ive been turning down amps little by little for the past month.

• 2 months later...

Little late on the response but I think the overall winner for high intensity low bass is either the red dragon landing in HTTYD or the 'F'in Irene' scene from Black Hawk Down.

Personally I think the old DTS DVD of the Haunting is a good choice for really intense ULF but that disc is hard to find these days.

Little late on the response but I think the overall winner for high intensity low bass is either the red dragon landing in HTTYD or the 'F'in Irene' scene from Black Hawk Down.

Personally I think the old DTS DVD of the Haunting is a good choice for really intense ULF but that disc is hard to find these days.

I know Black Hawk Down has often been referenced but I've never been that impressed by it.  When exhibiting my Mariana 24 subs at Axpona and THE Show Newport, here are the main clips we liked and used (note that most of these are a couple years or more old) (note 2 is that I couldn't use some scenes like the John Wick sledge hammer/concrete scene due to language/violence):

Airbender - Water Wall

Battle LA - Gas Station Explosion

Battle LA - Mothership Fight

Cloverfield - Initial Explosions

Cloverfield - Second set of Explosions

How to Train Your Dragon - Large Dragon Crash

Hulk - Fight Scene

Ironman - Jericho

Ironman 2 - Show Arrival

Jurassic Park - T-rex

Kon Tiki - First Storm

Kung Fu Panda - Skadoosh

Mission Impossible - Kremlin Explosion

Mummy 3 - Avalanche

Toy Story - Intro

Transformers - Opening Base Fight Scene

Transformers - Iron Hide Fight

Tron - Cycles Fight

War of the Worlds - Pod Scene

Xmen - Move Antenna

Dgage, that first storm in Kon Tiki is awesome. I also like the scene where the whale shark goes under the raft (if I'm remembering it correctly). I know there is some good bass in the whale shark scene somewhere. It's been awhile. Also, might want to review Ragnarok - amazing bass throughout the entire movie. Another good demo movie is 9.

I haven't watched Ragnarok but I do have it based on Data-Bass findings; guess I need to find some time to watch it. 

I've exhibited my subs at a few shows such as Axpona and THE Show Newport.  For shows, I only have a few minutes of peoples attention so I must make the most of it.  War Horse is one movie that I learned had a lot of bass from this site but in trying to find a demoable scene, I couldn't.  From a bass movie stand point, War Horse was great, but from a scene stand point, I couldn't find anything that stood apart.  Other movies such as Star Trek and even How to Train Your Dragon have great bass scenes but the scenes are a little too long.  I found myself putting the shorter clips up front and would periodically go back to the beginning of the demo scenes.  I'd usually only get to the longer scenes if a particular person stayed around longer.  So in my case, I need something a little different from most.  I don't have plans to attend any shows this year but if I do, I plan to add some more scenes to the mix from newer movies.

• 4 months later...

Archived