28 replies to this topic

#21 Ricci

Ricci

Super Bass Overlord

• Moderators
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 04 January 2017 - 03:01 PM

Yes , I like it a lot. The driver is backwards and stuck to the grill to increase cooling.I simmed it and it can get 142 dB în HR from 31 hz with only band pass filter and 3 PEQ entered.Quite easy to set it. port particle velocity at 50 m/s so not bad.at the mouth it will go to about 28 m/s and that will act as an efficient cooling method. The efficiency is very high, more than 12% from 33 hz up in singles

Want to share the HR model you cooked up?

Retail price on the PK? I'm going to guess $10K each.

#22 radulescu_paul_mircea

radulescu_paul_mircea

Super Power Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 05:50 PM

The input is this. IMAG0771.jpg
Then with the added eq one will get this
IMAG0766.jpg
Could be better go sure
Taking to account the eq and crossover the port velocity would be up to 70m/s and the front velocity would be at around 30 m/s at 25 mm excursion. It would be very chilly :)

Attached Thumbnails

• IMAG0767.jpg
  • IMAG0768.jpg
  • IMAG0769.jpg
  • IMAG0770.jpg

#23 radulescu_paul_mircea

radulescu_paul_mircea

Super Power Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 03:09 PM

Looks like it's probably a 4th order bandpass with a bit of shaping and flaring to the front vent unless there's entry from a secondary somewhere into the mouth behind that grill.

Interesting that there were reports of subs having thermal protection issues. Those drivers are seriously low impedance. The average is much higher than normal due to the extremely large impedance peak but near the minimums like in a vented cab it will still be very low and that has to be difficult for an amp to dump current into a 0.5 ohm load especially if the content has a repeating note near a minimum.

This is how the STS M-sub looks like without grille

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot_20170112-214937.png

#24 radulescu_paul_mircea

radulescu_paul_mircea

Super Power Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 12:29 PM

As it turns out Ricci, the fact that the joint point of the driver is too small and the long term pressures and acceleration are to high for the diaphragm materials, they keep braking in use because the producers are not developing their own specific membrane to suit their application.
I have this information from a sure source now so this is not only a speculation anymore.

#25 Ricci

Ricci

Super Bass Overlord

• Moderators
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 30 January 2017 - 02:39 PM

As it turns out Ricci, the fact that the joint point of the driver is too small and the long term pressures and acceleration are to high for the diaphragm materials, they keep braking in use because the producers are not developing their own specific membrane to suit their application.
I have this information from a sure source now so this is not only a speculation anymore.

Hmmmm. Thanks for sharing that. It's not surprising really. The attachment point is different from what you would see on a normal driver and is a relatively small area. The acceleration forces these can produce is very high. The cones are very large diameter with a ton of mass and to top it off they are being placed into high pressure, horn, BP, slot type loadings.

#26 radulescu_paul_mircea

radulescu_paul_mircea

Super Power Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:12 PM

They have opened it . I've seen a pic last year but now it's clear
Edit: in fact that is their new bass reflex m force sub

Attached Thumbnails

• FB_IMG_1491318577362.jpg
  • FB_IMG_1491318484643.jpg

#27 radulescu_paul_mircea

radulescu_paul_mircea

Super Power Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 08:22 AM

So I heard these for the first time.
They are more than wonderful. That system goes down to 27hz clean and immensely powerful.they are so loud I was shocked. I heard the Danley BC218 last year but these are in another league. The cabinets are rock solid, even the back wheels inspire quality. The amp is clamped on in the back but they didn't make a personalized case for it

Attached Thumbnails

• IMAG1099.jpg
  • IMAG1090.jpg

#28 Ricci

Ricci

Super Bass Overlord

• Moderators
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:29 PM

So I heard these for the first time.
They are more than wonderful. That system goes down to 27hz clean and immensely powerful.they are so loud I was shocked. I heard the Danley BC218 last year but these are in another league.

Really? I've been hearing that the DBH218 is a really good cab.

#29 radulescu_paul_mircea

radulescu_paul_mircea

Super Power Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:46 PM

The DBH218 sounds very nice, but it's more of a 40 hz horn. This year at Pro Light and Sound they had 4 of them with a J3-96 each side of a stage but I wasn't there so IDK how they sounded. Last year they had 2 BC218 with 4 DBH at the ends of the stage with 2 SH96HO. Those BC are crushing but these M-Force horns are over them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users