2x 18" LMS Ultra 5400 in 27 cubic foot 15hz vented enclosure

nyt

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'll get a post next week Tuesday when it's released.  MrKazador posted a graph of it over at AVS, presumably of a lossy rip, but it's indicative of what the lossless mix sounds and graphs like. 

Personally, I wasn't impressed with it.  Yeah, it has a fair amount of 20Hz content, but literally nothing below that.  In fact, it has the steepest filter I've ever seen yet.  It's basically a brick wall below 20Hz.  What content it had was used appropriately, but the subject matter really, really called for a lot more below 20Hz.

It'll get a post next week Tuesday when it's released.  MrKazador posted a graph of it over at AVS, presumably of a lossy rip, but it's indicative of what the lossless mix sounds and graphs like. 

Personally, I wasn't impressed with it.  Yeah, it has a fair amount of 20Hz content, but literally nothing below that.  In fact, it has the steepest filter I've ever seen yet.  It's basically a brick wall below 20Hz.  What content it had was used appropriately, but the subject matter really, really called for a lot more below 20Hz.

With transducers running and the bass hot, I thought it was pretty good.  I watched with the DTS-HD MA track.

• 2 weeks later...

Violent system! Are you just using Audyssey for EQ or do you have something separate too?  Do you have to filter the stuff below the 15Hz tune?  I hope your neighbors deserve it! :lol:

minidsp for sub eq, xt32 for everything else including the subs as well.. 13hz 3rd order highpass keeps excursion in control.

How far would you wager the Crowson's move during excursion? What freq do you low pass them at?

JSS

Far enough to physically shake the couch, but if you put your hand on them you barely feel anything.  On the couch it feels huge, especially at lower freqs.  Feels pretty natural... low passing at 60hz

Archived