Jupiter Ascending - Discussion & Poll - Closed

nube

Jupiter Ascending  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Execution?

2. 2. Recommendation?

I gotta say this was one hell of a ride. Insane amount of clean, hard hitting bass in this that never let up! I absolutely loved it and hands down the best bass film I've seen in ages. The movie was quite watchable too IMO if that even matters. Huge hits that delivered in spades unlike for example TF4 which seemed hollow as a doughnut. Name me another movie that tops this for quality and content. Did I say this has a truckload?

This is not the only effect with a big hit @ 25.'x' Hz. There are several in the movie, but this was the biggest transient effect.

Regardless of what reality one resides in, there is a LOT of bass in this scene that's centered at 25 Hz and is much hotter from 15-40 Hz than anywhere else in the soundtrack with it's peak at 25.'x' Hz. The spectrograph coordinates nicely with the amplitude bar's waveform which coordinates nicely with Nube's peak hold trace, regardless of your religious beliefs. ;)

WRUSlnK.png

Is this around ~1:33:00 in the movie?

If it is what I think it is, this one actually caught me off guard.  All of the sudden 25hz goes berserk and is way louder than the rest of the scene.      

Is this around ~1:33:00 in the movie?

If it is what I think it is, this one actually caught me off guard.  All of the sudden 25hz goes berserk and is way louder than the rest of the scene.      

That's exactly the spot and exactly the reaction I had as well.

I welcome others to comment on this scene. Just one look at the peak hold graph shows the peak is 7-8dB above the next highest peak in the movie. Many smaller systems will compress so that the effect is lost. After analysis, I wondered if that was the intent of the production team, a single instant that only a relative few would catch.

Just finished this and the bass was fantastic. I found what in my setup was a strong low end effect at 27:53 at the train scene. Is that in one of the spectrographs? From beginning to end this mix is filled with broadband effects and a fun ride. 

Although the flick missed the boat on a few things, I found it better than I thought it would be going in. With the gorgeous visuals and bombastic mix, I will be adding this to the collection down the road.   :)

Also I dig the new color scale on the spectrographs.  B)

This one really gave my subs a work out. My couch constantly gave me butt massages (I don't have nearfield subs or shakers or any of that crap). I only gave it 4 stars though. I didn't feel like it integrated quite well enough with the mains and some of the effects seemed to repeat. That was probably just my perception. My 6 12s were at their limits for sure. Watching my clip lights tickle the red is a lot for my subs. And the cones were really moving. This movie made me want a couple 15s to add, but I just don't have the space and can't justify the cost. It was loud enough for my liking and still made it through, so...

Definately glad I rented this though. The bad reviews made me nearly pass on it until I saw what it did here. Was worth it. Kunis and Tatum are bad actors though. The bad dude was kind of lame too. Why did he talk like that? Dumb. The sister was so fake wrinkled I couldn't figure out why they used a young actress and made her old until you know,,, don't want to spoil it. But it was so badly done that it distracted me. They should have made it more subtle or done a better job. And, ya, anti-gravity boots? I thought that was super dumb. Sorry, but it didn't work for me at all. Over all though, I found it entertaining.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived