<First In :)

[spot for sale.   Make an offer]

#3 STL D

STL D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:50 PM

A lot of people have been waiting for this one.

#4 Electrodynamic

Electrodynamic

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 05:16 AM

That's it? Did you kill the driver or what?  :(

#5 STL D

STL D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 03:20 PM

That's it? Did you kill the driver or what?  :(

The better question is...did it kill him?

#6 Ricci

Ricci

Super Bass Overlord

• Moderators
  • 1,105 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 14 May 2015 - 03:59 PM

I haven't had any time to look at or get the measurements ready for upload yet. Things are BUSY right now. I should be able to get my head above water next week. No the driver did not die. It's good to go. I did give it everything it wanted though. ;) As soon as I can get this stuff ready to upload I will.

#7 Infrasonic

Infrasonic

Bass Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 04:41 PM

There is a small chance that this makes a ton of bass.

#8 Madaeel

Madaeel

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 05:13 PM

I haven't had any time to look at or get the measurements ready for upload yet. Things are BUSY right now. I should be able to get my head above water next week. No the driver did not die. It's good to go. I did give it everything it wanted though. ;) As soon as I can get this stuff ready to upload I will.

Sounds like a bunch of poppycock to me but we'll let it slide since that avatar is hilarious.

#9 MemX

MemX

Bass Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 09:03 AM

Sounds like a bunch of poppycock to me but we'll let it slide since that avatar is hilarious.

:lol:

Some excuse about having to earn money to live, I'm sure! :P

#10 Ricci

Ricci

Super Bass Overlord

• Moderators
  • 1,105 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 15 May 2015 - 02:30 PM

Just laying around by the pool all month, getting fed grapes by a couple of tall Scandinavians. C'mon guys I'm sure you can understand. Priorities...

Plus Nick's driver pulled a gun on me, beat up my neighbors Bose Lifetyle system then called the cops on itself last week. I'm waiting for it to get out of jail so I can wrap things up.

• Infrasonic, Bossobass Dave, Spacebug and 4 others like this

#11 STL D

STL D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 03:50 PM

Just laying around by the pool all month, getting fed grapes by a couple of tall Scandinavians. C'mon guys I'm sure you can understand. Priorities...

Plus Nick's driver pulled a gun on me, beat up my neighbors Bose Lifetyle system then called the cops on itself last week. I'm waiting for it to get out of jail so I can wrap things up.

You knew that woofer was up to no good when it started buying black market weapons and posed for your avatar.

#12 Madaeel

Madaeel

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:55 PM

This I believe. Gotta watch the big woofers man.

#13 Electrodynamic

Electrodynamic

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 03:26 AM

LMAO!!! That's awesome! :D

#14 Ricci

Ricci

Super Bass Overlord

• Moderators
  • 1,105 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 16 May 2015 - 05:27 PM

There is totally not anything new just posted for this on the Data-Bass site. Please don't go check it out.

#15 Bossobass Dave

Bossobass Dave

Bass Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 06:39 PM

You using all that PA shit to do stand up? :P This ^^^ was FUNNY.

Just saw the HS-24 results. Nice, but honestly, predictable. It has just under double the rated displacement of the rated displacement of the HST-18. Box them more to parity and  that's what the results will yield. Displacement is what it's all about <20 Hz. If I had a single vote, I'd suggest inclusion of $/Liter in the list. It's simple to calculate and it really is the bottom line.

But, that's comparing Nick driver to Nick driver, which says a lot about Nick. His stuff is extremely high quality, regardless of the price point and target parameters. Not to mention he's as cool as ice. Congrats to him on a job well done. :)

#16 dgage

dgage

Super Power Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 07:51 PM

I loved the whole review but especially the last two lines of the first paragraph...yes, we indeed need to see such a test. :)  And can't wait for more reviews of this in-room to show what some room reinforcement will yield.  Great stuff as usual Josh!

David Gage
Deep Sea Sound
"You don't listen to our subs, you EXPERIENCE them!"

#17 Pain Infliction

Pain Infliction

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 16 May 2015 - 09:31 PM

This driver/enclosure combo did better than I thought!  I was actually shocked that it had better performance than two top tier 18's together.  The box is huge and that is the only issue with me and the deal breaker.  Hard to hide that thing and that is what I would want to do.

#18 dgage

dgage

Super Power Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 11:15 PM

There's this new company that builds the 24" into an end table or coffee table so you don't even have to hide it. :D

David Gage
Deep Sea Sound
"You don't listen to our subs, you EXPERIENCE them!"

#19 MemX

MemX

Bass Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 11:31 PM

Great writeup, thanks! :)

Amp-limited over 50Hz! :o

#20 SME

SME

Super Bass Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:54 AM

1 HS-24 >  2 HST 18 for output, even below 20 Hz, but the more striking difference to me is the reduced distortion in the HS-24.  How much does that reduced distortion have to do with the larger box versus differences between drivers?  Anyone with sub design experience care to comment?  Otherwise, I'll have to wait and see how the smaller box DSS designs measure.

Oh, if only I could make 24s work in my room, but I think I'll still be happy if I can hook up 4 x HST-18s.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users