• Captain Phillips
    • Rush
    • All is Lost
    • Ender's Game
    • Captain America - The Winter Soldier
    • Need for Speed
    • The Equalizer
    • Pompeii

Long time lurker here.  I just started a new subwoofer company and need some good test scenes.  Last year's thread had some good recommendations for best subwoofer demo scenes of 2013.  What are some of the best scenes for demoing subs from the 2014 movies?  I've been so busy with starting the new company that I've been playing with subs but not watching many movies so would definitely appreciate the recommendations.  Thanks.

David

Hey David,

Will you be sending (a) sub(s) to Ricci for testing?

Although a lot of us DIY, I think we all like to see more competition in the off-the-shelf market.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey David,

Will you be sending (a) sub(s) to Ricci for testing?

Although a lot of us DIY, I think we all like to see more competition in the off-the-shelf market.

I haven't thought about that in a while but I would definitely be open to Ricci testing my 24 and 18.  I will put that on the to do list to determine when Ricci would have time to make that happen.  Thanks for the suggestion.

• 2 weeks later...

David,

Definitely please do send Ricci your 24" and 18" subs to test, with heavy community preference of the 24".  Can't wait to see what that thing pumps out.  It's likely to provide a big bump to business when the positive numbers are released.

To your original question about bass demo scenes from the top LF movies of 2014, at the moment I can only think of three, in my order of preference:

Lone Survivor's 66 second long chopper scene (from around the 20:10 mark to the 22:30 mark)

Earth to Echo's launch scene (ch 22 1:16:32 mark per Bosso)

Edge of Tomorrow's opening scene (it's right in the beginning, graphed by Bosso here)

Thanks Nube!

Had the other 2 but bought Earth to Echo based on this thread.  But I must say I really didn't like the opening of Edge of Tomorrow.  I've heard it on two different systems and just didn't like the synthetic bass.

I'm heading over to Nick's (SI) tomorrow and we're going to do some beating on the 24 and 18 to see what sort of max output we can get.  That will have to hold us over until I get the subs up to Ricci for testing.  Luckily I'm just down the road...figuratively from Louisville, KY so would be a nice little day trip.  Guess I need to PM Ricci to get the ball rolling but will have to wait until some money starts rolling in from selling some subs first.  What came first, the chicken or the egg?

David

Archived