Ok, so just pondering the possibilities of those crazy AETechron amps as a replacement for a (user-friendly) CV5000, wherein I'd need two (one to run each sub box at 2ohm) to replace the CV5000's stereo channels.
To ask what I'm quite sure will be stupid questions...
- I assume that with no ability to vary the gain (attenuation) in the amp itself (it looks like only the 7562 has an input attenuation knob) all gain modulation would need to be done by something before it in the chain? (MiniDSP?)
- If so, how does one determine the suitable input voltage into the amp that will allow it to maximise output but with no clipping on the inputs? (Would a Balanced MiniDSP's 2V output be enough power?)
- Was your amp expensive to repair when it broke? (mentioned here: http://www.hometheat...rvice-dept.html before you sold it here: http://www.hometheat...anded-pair.html!)
- Are the fans noisy? They look it!
- The PDF says that it has 'internal selection' of voltages (120v / 240v etc) (http://www.aetechron.com/pdf/7570.pdf) - does that mean it's automatic and doesn't have to be opened up?
Apologies for the annoying questions