The Data-Bass Member Equipment List

Ricci

• 2 months later...

Another super budget theater in the mix.

Video-

Sony VPL-VW50 sxrd projector

140 inch home built screen

Audio-

2 lilmike cinema f20s loaded with mfw15 drivers

2 cerwin vega at-15 

yamaha rx-a3000

mysterious cube amp purchased on craigslist (currently at luke's for bench testing) Upon interior inspection, seemed to have 100k uf capacitance on each channel  so hoping for bigger numbers. 

Seating- 

Berkline power recliners x 9 and a 4 seat black leather couch. 

• 2 weeks later...

Finally going to make a post here! Especially now that I have good pictures taken of the updated configuration.

Speakers:

• The Elusive 1099s for the Left, Center, and Right speakers.
  • Two Dual Opposed Dayton RSS460HO 18" subwoofers in 8 cubic foot enclosures each. (Two drivers per cabinet, of course.)
  • Two Othorn Tapped Horn enclosures with B&C 21SW152-4 21" drivers
  • The Dual JBL 2242H drivers in the 4 cubic foot enclosures have been disconnected since the Othorns moved in.
  • Voit-10 LX Coaxials in ported enclosures - Side Rear Surrounds.
  • Volt-6 Coaxials in ported angled enclosures - Rear Back Surrounds.
  • KEF HTS3001 Coaxials for Atmos - Top Front and Top Rear Surrounds

Primary Components: (As shown in the picture)

• Onkyo TX-NR5007 - Soon to have a Marantz AV7703 in its place.
  • IOGEAR 8x1 HDMI switch
  • Behringer DCX2496 - Left, Right, and LFE channels.
  • Behringer DEQ2496 - Side Surround channels
  • Behringer DCX2496 - Center channel
  • Tripp-Lite PDU - L5-30R input.
  • Behringer NU4-6000 - Top Front and Top Rear channels
  • Behringer NU4-6000 - Rear Side and Rear Back channels
  • QSC PLX2502 - Right Othorn - LFE (24Hz ~ 120Hz)
  • QSC PLX2402 - Left Othorn - LFE (24Hz ~ 120Hz)
  • Peavey IPR2 5000 - Two Dual Opposed Dayton subwoofers - LFE (1Hz ~ 30Hz - Infrasonic duty)
  • Crest Audio CC2800 - Center channel
  • Crest Audio CC4000 - Left and Right channels.

U2klPPAs.jpg

RJS56Jjs.jpg

The next steps I would love to take is enhance the infrasonic output of my system. The JBL 2242H drivers will need to be sold off or stored away to eventually make room for either more dual opposed 18" configuration or even 21" configuration.

Chances are more likely I want to add in quad 21's to go with the current 18s, as those will be the biggest I can go and still fit in place. We'll see. For now I can't budget for more than simply adding two more 18s in the place of the JBLs to help give a slight boost to the overall output, which I may as well hold off and wait for a big upgrade next.

The Othorns by theirselves were a huge upgrade, I had planned on upgrading the amps for them but I don't feel as rushed to do so. With how well they currently perform under the 2400 / 2500 watt QSC amps I am running them off of. :)  The Othorns are certainly a favorite of mine already.  B)

• Like 4

Luke has 8 sealed 21s and they still barely keep up with two othorns. Maybe if you put the sealed subs nearfield they will stand a chance. 0-30hz shouldn't be localizable at all. If they're 8-12 feet closer to you, that makes up a lot of lost spl to distance. Awesome stuff you have anyhow. Isn't there a processor available that can handle all of the work instead of those behringers?

Luke has 8 sealed 21s and they still barely keep up with two othorns. Maybe if you put the sealed subs nearfield they will stand a chance. 0-30hz shouldn't be localizable at all. If they're 8-12 feet closer to you, that makes up a lot of lost spl to distance. Awesome stuff you have anyhow. Isn't there a processor available that can handle all of the work instead of those behringers?

I did expect the Othorns to easily overpower the Daytons, and I would love to be able to run eight sealed 21" subwoofers one day too.  :D Even though they may not keep up, I do feel going further like with 21" will still help give me the boost in the infrasonic range I'd want. Since my room is above the garage, the impact will optimal with the suspended flooring.

I've considered nearfield as well, though unfortunately there's no way to accomplish this, I'm afraid. Unless I replace the bedframe and box spring with subwoofers for the mattress to be on top of. My bed is behind the sofa. I pretty well turned my room into my own little home theater space.

As for the Berhringer units, there are plenty of DSP options available out there, these just were the best bang for the buck when I got them. Right now they aren't even used to do anything for the LCR, just the LFE. Since I got the Marantz AV7703 I can take the DEQ2496 out of the equation since it's in bypass mode right now.

What I may do is take the LFE connection from the pre-pro and put it to the DEQ then digitally feed a DCX unit dedicated to the subwoofers. So that way I have all the control I would ever need there. Though I may not really need the DEQ still. 

Nice front stage. Othorn's in what looks like a tiny room. Bet that is ass kicking with music.

You already have 4 RS18's. Looks like you could move the JBL's out and put another 4 RS18's in the same spot fairly easy.

Thanks! The room is about 11' 10" wide by 22' to 23' long (I need to recheck this. I've mostly focused on the width.). Then you can obviously see the limitation I have height wise by the ceiling.  Also yes, I may not really have needed two, but it helps to balance things out with one on each side greatly.  :D They really don't have to work hard here, I usually touch only the -20dB indicators on the QSC amps. Though with some content and movies I've seen -10dB easily enough. And this is just with 2400/2500 watt amplifiers.  :ph34r:  

Yeah, that definitely was a big consideration, I really like the RS18's. Though I still wondered if I should go abit above and beyond and go the route of 21" which I can still accomplish here. Decisions decisions.  ;)

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Many people has high order enclosures, wonder anyone took different approach? multiple drivers

cheap decent drivers like faital 18fh500 or bms 18s430v2 100l sealed and whole front wall covered with them like 20pc.

If not enough cover rear wall too. faital cost like 149€ and i believe bms could be around 200€

Any thoughts?

3 hours ago, manninen said:

Many people has high order enclosures, wonder anyone took different approach? multiple drivers

cheap decent drivers like faital 18fh500 or bms 18s430v2 100l sealed and whole front wall covered with them like 20pc.

If not enough cover rear wall too. faital cost like 149€ and i believe bms could be around 200€

Any thoughts?

Many use the 18" Dayton driver which can be had for 82 USD each with coupon. Driver is a PA460. Sealed in 2.2 cubic feet. There are Eminence buyout and Celeston buyout drivers as well, but the PA 460 has been around for 10+ years so you can buy in future if you need a replacement. I have seen 16 of the PA460 in a 8 DO sealed configuration x 2. Sealed easily models better than ported regardless of enclosure size when doing multiple drivers. 

• 7 months later...

My first post on this website. I’m struggling to connect the two previous replies w/all that came before. 

and...

Infrasonic opened a question on surround back speaker positioning that I’d like to ask here if that’s ok. Otherwise please suggest which forum page to post upon. Either way I’ll follow w/my system details in a separate reply. 

Tony