The Data-Bass Member Equipment List

Ricci

Sweet! Thanks for posting, Dave.

Hey, I have a question/critique.... are those shadows in the back supposed to be rear surrounds and the other side surrounds for 7.1 audio? Are you finally going 7.1? If so... please, do NOT place them like this. You might as well stay 5.1 if so. I can help and suggest other spots but I know space is tight in your room.

Thanks again for posting.

The only speaks placed like the scaled drawing are the dual sub stacks and the CC. I just randomly grabbed a Dolby 7.1 plot and copied it for the drawing and the SBR and SBL are future when I move to 7.2.4 with 4 ceiling speaks. I'll post then and you can spill the beans. It will, as always, be much appreciated.

I have got to make it down to Dave's one of these days.

Man, this visit and reciprocal visit thing is so far overdue I'm embarrassed to even mention it. It's gonna get cold soon. I'd love to get to your place before then and you're always welcome here in the Shahlit Town.

I have got to make it down to Dave's one of these days.

Yeah, I'd love to. You probably have a better chance than I do being closer. I gotta make it out to the East coast.

The only speaks placed like the scaled drawing are the dual sub stacks and the CC. I just randomly grabbed a Dolby 7.1 plot and copied it for the drawing and the SBR and SBL are future when I move to 7.2.4 with 4 ceiling speaks. I'll post then and you can spill the beans. It will, as always, be much appreciated.

Man, this visit and reciprocal visit thing is so far overdue I'm embarrassed to even mention it. It's gonna get cold soon. I'd love to get to your place before then and you're always welcome here in the Shahlit Town.

Ah, okay. That has got to be a very old diagram. If you ever do 7.1 please don't do it like that. It won't sound good at all. If you want any tips on really good 7.1 (or Atmos) set up, hit me up.

I haven't been to a GTG or visited another enthusiasts home in years. Haven't made it to any of the big Expo's either. Slacking!

I go to CES every year. Went to CEDIA last year and that was good. Would like to go again but not going this year.

Oh woops. This is a system thread. My bad.

• 1 month later...

I haven't been to a GTG or visited another enthusiasts home in years. Haven't made it to any of the big Expo's either. Slacking!

Yeah, I'd love to. You probably have a better chance than I do being closer. I gotta make it out to the East coast.

I just caught up on this thread. You guys are welcome ;) Haha. Providence I tell ya. 

I hope you realize what you've done.  Inviting Scott to your house is like inviting Gary Busey after a 3 day cocaine and whisky binge and I've spent the last 15 years modeling my behavior after a mixture of Rick James and pre-rehab Robert Downey Jr.

• Like 1

I just caught up on this thread. You guys are welcome ;) Haha. Providence I tell ya. 

Noice. Yes, thank you! Can't wait!

I hope you realize what you've done.  Inviting Scott to your house is like inviting Gary Busey after a 3 day cocaine and whisky binge and I've spent the last 15 years modeling my behavior after a mixture of Rick James and pre-rehab Robert Downey Jr.

Fairly accurate. :D

I often scream my name into the voice search function on my Amazon remote. Never comes up with anything.

• Like 1

So you "dwell in the Abyss"?

JSS

Open invites to both of ya!

Well I guess I'll list my humble system here. I don't have any pics, but I can take some if anyone cares. :)

L/R: Klipsch KLF20

CC: Klipsch KLF7

SL/SR: Klipsch KLF10

SSR/SSL: Klipsch KG1.2

Sub: 24" THT, second one coming this spring

Equipment:

Denon 4520

Oppo 103

PS4

Panamax 5300PM

BASH300 for the sub

TV:

Panasonic 55VT60 - should have bought the 60" in hindsight.

Plan on upgrading my sub amp and hopefully adding my Adcom 555 back into the mix once it's fixed. My HT is our basement, something close to 4500 cu ft. I don't have any acoustic panels yet, but that will change thanks to Luke!

Also want to build 3 1099s for the LCR. We'll see when that gets done. lol

Lots of great systems here.

Plan on upgrading my sub amp and hopefully adding my Adcom 555 back into the mix once it's fixed.

Whoa, isn't that the one designed by N. Pass?  What failed on it?  You can hook that up to your sub when it's repaired and get a clean 900W to it for the time being.  I don't know if that thing has any protection circuits on it so maybe hook up a series fuse on the speaker wire but I'm sure it will sound very good. 

Yes it is. Somehow, and I don't even know how, the right channel blew. So I'm trying to get it fixed. Unlike a lot of you guys on here I don't need 900 watts to drive my sub. I'm guessing I use less than 100 to drive it. I want to Adcom for my KLF20s. If it can't be fixed I'll use it to drive my center and buy a Crown xls1000 or 1500 to drive the 20s and another for both subs. Luke is trying to talk me into buying a Crown x1000. Who knows. With just the Denon I can easily play at -5 for an entire movie. I've never tried reference....-5 is plenty loud for me. Lol.

Only reason I'm upgrading the sub amp is so I can have just one 2ch amp driving both subs vs the plate amp I'm using now.

THTs are efficient, you'll like a second. Terrific spl down to high teens.

JSS

Your review was one of the deciding factors for me to build one in the first place. Yeah, would have had #2 this spring, but house stuff got in the way. I originally wanted 4, but my wife would kill me and I'd almost never get to have fun with them :)

Well I guess I'll list my humble system here. I don't have any pics, but I can take some if anyone cares. :)

L/R: Klipsch KLF20

CC: Klipsch KLF7

SL/SR: Klipsch KLF10

SSR/SSL: Klipsch KG1.2

Sub: 24" THT, second one coming this spring

Equipment:

Denon 4520

Oppo 103

PS4

Panamax 5300PM

BASH300 for the sub

TV:

Panasonic 55VT60 - should have bought the 60" in hindsight.

Plan on upgrading my sub amp and hopefully adding my Adcom 555 back into the mix once it's fixed. My HT is our basement, something close to 4500 cu ft. I don't have any acoustic panels yet, but that will change thanks to Luke!

Also want to build 3 1099s for the LCR. We'll see when that gets done. lol

Lots of great systems here.

This system sounds awesome.  The 4520 brought it to a whole new level and it was kind of shocking. 

I'm impressed with the THT and it's amazing what it can do with only 300w!

• 2 weeks later...

KlGZTTfKlGZTTfKlGZTTfKlGZTTfl.jpg 6CTcVOml.jpg?1qIElAdrl.jpg
r3FhYlrl.jpg EXyjc3ll.jpg mse9I3Xl.jpg Mvfq0nrl.jpg hQFUF0Nl.jpg Uy6pRDrl.jpg

Equipment List

Sources

Oppo BDP-103d Universal Blu-ray Player

AV Electronics
Yamaha CX-A5100 preamp processor
Harman Kardon AVR-525 A/V Receiver (Atmos-EX overhead center extraction)
Harman Kardon AVR-520 A/V Receiver (Atmos-EX overhead center extraction)
(3x) Behringer Pro DCX2496 Ultradrive Pro

Amplifiers
(3x) Samson SX1200 amplifier (mid/hf)
(3x) Behringer EP4000 amplifier (midbass)

Behringer NU4-6000 iNuke amplifier (side and rear surrounds)
Behringer NU4-6000 iNuke amplifier (bridged - rear subwoofers)
Behringer EP2500 amplifier (subwoofer riser)
Cerwin Vega CV-5000 amplifier (front subwoofers)

Projector
Sony HW-40ES 1080p 3D Projector

Screen
Seymour AV Center Stage UF material (DIY frame - 126" diagonal 16:9 acoustically transparent)

Speakers
(3x) Custom 3-way cinema LCR speakers
- (JBL Pro 2226j 15" midbass, 10" midrange hornloaded, SEOS12 hf horn Denovo DNA-360 compression driver) - full active
(4x) JBL Pro 8330 surround speakers
(6x) Emotiva ERD-1 bipole/dipole surround speakers (front, mid and rear overhead)
(4x) Dual Opposed sealed 18" subwoofer (DIY - Stereo Integrity HT18d4)
(2x) Dual Opposed sealed 18" subwoofer (DIY - Sound Splinter RLp18d4)
Subwoofer Riser (DIY - 2x Sound Splinter RLp18d4)

Acoustic Materials
Owens Corning OC703 4" rigid fiberglass
Knauf ECOSE 2" eco-friendly "fiberglass"
GIK Acoustics Gridfusor diffusion panel

and various foam products of many thicknesses

Equipment Rack
Omnimount RE27

Sonax ML-1220 Component Rack

Cables
copper ones

Control
Google Nexus 7 tablet