7.1 Audio Test BD-25 BluRay

maxmercy

• 8 months later...

I have made a breakthrough in the development on the disc, and it may be possible to put 7.1 Audio on a DVD-5 at 24 bit depth and 48kHz rate. That would make this disc MUCH easier to create, but there will likely be an 'LF Only' disc as well as an 'LCRS Only' disc.....

I am currently using my prototype disc to measure what gear can even process a 7.1 worst case LF scenario, using my soundcard as an oscilloscope. So far, two mid-high end pre-pros cannot do it without TERRIBLY distorting the output wave. Will test an AVR soon....

JSS

Wow, I really like this idea

Som time ago I was involved or initiated a thread @AVS with regard to finding a worse case scenario scene,... whereby gain stages could be set, speaker/sub systems tested etc, ie the most demanding scene known.

I examined several of my DVD/BD releases in a crude, spectrally weighted method of amperage drawn on a sub amp, at a given level. My methodology :rolleyes: proved a bit too crude,..like non-starter crude, fun nonetheless.

I'm down for one.

DUDE! Where ya been? I thought I sent an email to the right address a while back but I never heard a response. Hope all is good with you man :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

I'm sorry to hijack this thread but, I was wondering if this blu ray/DVD you refer to will help me also !

I am looking for something that to me appears simple but, I'm unsure where I can get it :

A disc with 'LFE channel' test tones, that plays individual low-level frequencies on this channel (ie Track 1=12.5hz, T2=16Hz, T3=20hz), 25hz, 31.5hz and so on.

The reason I want this is, I don't know of a disc that plays these frequencies on the LFE channel.

I have the Hsu/Bas test CD that has tracks from 16hz up to 250hz, but it's not 5.1 encoded so therefore, impossible to measure a subwoofer's performance/room response on the LFE channel.

I have Digital Video Essentials but this appears to only have a "rolling" track that quickly goes from 16-250hz in 20 seconds ; impossible to measure output at individual frequencies.

I have the original Video Essentials (1997) also, but this doesn't seem to have LFE hz test tracks either (16-250hz).

Is there a commercially available DVD/BD that has tracks 16-250hz for the dedicated LFE channel?

Or is the disc that is the subject of this thread the only disc available? =).

I'll buy whatever works !!

Thanks !

Archived