Photo

The Low Frequency Content Thread (films, games, music, etc)

Bass Movies Bass Movie Measurements Deep Bass Movies Bass Waterfall Graphs Bass Graphs

• Please log in to reply
3923 replies to this topic

#3921 3ll3d00d

3ll3d00d

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:00 PM

I tried another one and got similar results, hacked together a multichannel wav with a sine wave at a different frequency for each channel and ran that through jriver then analysed it, result is a mono wav with a missing channel 4, i.e. no LFE channel in the output. I'm quite sure this used to work so will report over at jriver forum to see what is going on.

edit: see https://yabb.jriver....c,111023.0.html  appears to be some random defect in this particular installation of jriver :|

edit2: turns it out it is a bug in jriver - https://yabb.jriver.....html#msg767472

#3922 Electrodynamic

Electrodynamic

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:26 AM

Kubo and the Two Strings: DTS-HDMA 5.1

Level - 4 Stars (110.6dB Composite)

Extension - 4 Stars (11Hz)

Dynamics - 5 Stars (30.1dB)

Execution - TBD

Overall - TBD

Notes - Does clip, mainly in the center channel.  Decent film, interesting animation.  20Hz is used with many large effects for shudder, just like the PvA shows.

post-20-0-60273200-1497471316.jpg

JSS

Thanks for measuring it Max. :D

Obviously time can change anything but as of right now this movie sits at the top of my demo disks. It is a kids movie so you can show it to anyone at any time and it digs DEEP and is dynamic. Major thumbs up IMO. 

#3923 dgage

dgage

Super Power Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 03:19 AM

Obviously time can change anything but as of right now this movie sits at the top of my demo disks. It is a kids movie so you can show it to anyone at any time and it digs DEEP and is dynamic. Major thumbs up IMO.

You mean I don't have to warn people anymore like I do every time I put in John Wick? Lol. I bought Kubu but haven't watched it yet. How To Train Your Dragon is also one of my favorite demo scenes.

David Gage
Deep Sea Sound
"You don't listen to our subs, you EXPERIENCE them!"

#3924 manninen

manninen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:26 PM

Twin Peaks S03E08 around 20minutes is quite low┬┤ish

lab gruppen plm10000q times 2, funktion one r2sh, bms 18n862 +stuff

1 user(s) are reading this topic