Photo

The Low Frequency Content Thread (films, games, music, etc)

Bass Movies Bass Movie Measurements Deep Bass Movies Bass Waterfall Graphs Bass Graphs

• Please log in to reply
3923 replies to this topic

#2841 tuxedocivic

tuxedocivic

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:12 PM

Anyone watch American sniper? Is it a Lone Survivor type flick, or am I just relating the war/navy seal thing more than it actually is?
  • Braifaraglisp likes this

#2842 maxmercy

maxmercy

Super Bass Overlord

• Moderators
  • 1,851 posts
  • LocationNW FL

Posted 22 May 2015 - 02:07 AM

I plan on watching it soon, but I can't say I have been in my HT watching a film, doing any BEQ, or anything LFE-related in nearly a month....too busy.

JSS

#2843 wth718

wth718

Power Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 03:08 PM

Anyone watch American sniper? Is it a Lone Survivor type flick, or am I just relating the war/navy seal thing more than it actually is?

It has elements of that, but not as laser focused on the action as LS. Scenes not as well done, either, but other than Saving Private Ryan, not many war films compare. Bass is nothing to write home about.

#2844 tuxedocivic

tuxedocivic

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 04:16 PM

Ok thanks. I'll probably rent it anyways.

#2845 MiniHT

MiniHT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 04:40 PM

Hey I checked this scene out after you posted and at reference with the subs 15db hot I still got nothing from this scene. I have roll off below 10hz and although the content was there just nowhere near anything to feel it. My amp was barely flickering too which means it didn't see much there. Curious what gear you were running and how hot your subs were to feel that?

Madaeel (Adam?) I am currently running 3 JTR Cap S2s in ~840 cubes on a suspended wooden floor. :)  I want to say when I ran this scene I may have been 3-5dB hot but I know it wasn't more than that because I always listen to new movies at reference, and the bass becomes overwhelming (to me) if I go much more than that. Typically, I run flat.  From memory, it was a quick "shutter" and then quickly transitioned to a "rolling" or "wobble" sensation.  It was just a neat feeling.  The "wobble" was quite a bit less pronounced than the "shutter", but was definitely present.  My FR begins to roll off at ~5hz and iirc ~5dB down at 4hz.  Measured with a calibrated CSL UMM-6 and REW.  I'm at work right now :ph34r:  and don't have the graph handy, but could provide it if you like.  I think I'll take this over to your thread to see if Bosso or MK or the other bass junkies on this site get anything out of it.  Besides, I've been meaning to congratulate you on your Raptors since day one... I don't think I ever popped in to say, Hello. ;)  :blink:

Tim

#2846 Bossobass Dave

Bossobass Dave

Bass Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:08 PM

Hey I checked this scene out after you posted and at reference with the subs 15db hot I still got nothing from this scene. I have roll off below 10hz and although the content was there just nowhere near anything to feel it. My amp was barely flickering too which means it didn't see much there. Curious what gear you were running and how hot your subs were to feel that?

Must be a different mix/disc than the rental I used when it was first released. I would have noted it and probably graphed it. Even the peak hold Nube graphed doesn't show that content.

#2847 Madaeel

Madaeel

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:38 PM

Yah I was thinking that. I figured you woulda loved that and never remembered anyone else mentioning it either. The content is there just VERY low levels. Definitely not anything like the cap showed off the disc. Curious what disc was used too.

#2848 pdasterly

pdasterly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 06:09 AM

Ive been following this site for a while now, finally signed up.

ULF is getting deeper and deeper, watched jupiter ascending and had to turn down buttkicker amp at least 4 times. Bottomed out big time

#2849 Trigen

Trigen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 07:21 AM

Could you please add Paddington to your list. Or just measure the earthquake scene as the rest of the movie is void of bass.

#2850 MiniHT

MiniHT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 01:59 PM

Must be a different mix/disc than the rental I used when it was first released. I would have noted it and probably graphed it. Even the peak hold Nube graphed doesn't show that content.

Hmm.. could be.. I'll have to revisit this scene again this weekend and report back.  It's literally been a year or two since I've seen it.  You have me doubting myself, Dave.  If there's one man on earth that could reproduce it, it'd be you. :P  I do live in south Jersey though.. maybe Chris Christie was hobbling along outside my house during the scene. :lol:   I will admit though, it didn't feel as hot as that graph indicates... which would put it somewhat close to the lightning strike scene in WOTW as far as level goes.. no way it's anywhere near that!   

#2851 bmoney

bmoney

Super Power Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 02:57 PM

I also ran that scene mentioned and nothing. I am flat reference to 7hz. I got nothing after the gun shot

#2852 Aj72

Aj72

Super Power Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 10:32 PM

MI4 Ghost Protocol well worth a watch. Great audio, bass was excellent too.

#2853 tuxedocivic

tuxedocivic

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 02:50 AM

MI4 Ghost Protocol well worth a watch. Great audio, bass was excellent too.

Totally agree. Love the suv slam into the water.

#2854 Aj72

Aj72

Super Power Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 01:13 PM

Yes a great moment. Kremlin explosion also very impressive. Took a look at the list of movies at the beginning of this thread and dug up whatever I hadn't watched in the 4.75 category. Nube had done a brief on it too giving it a good wrap. Pleasant surprise and probably the best one in the series IMO.

#2855 xXWiNXx

xXWiNXx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:03 PM

Hello. Can someone pls do a measurement for S.W.A.T? Pcm uncompressed.

#2856 Aj72

Aj72

Super Power Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:16 AM

Off topic but can't upload a pic to my Avatar using ipad4. Any suggestions?

#2857 xXWiNXx

xXWiNXx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 May 2015 - 04:22 PM

Hello. Is there a measurement for "the
7th son". Heard it had lots of bass though the movie itself bombs out of the box office.

#2858 nube

nube

Bass Overlord

• Moderators
  • 835 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 07:54 PM

Seventh Son (7.1 DTS-HD MA)

Level        - 4 Stars (110.81dB composite)
Extension - 4 Stars (10.5Hz)
Dynamics - 5 Stars (28.56dB)

Execution - 4 Stars (by poll)

Overall     - 4.25 Stars

Recommendation - Rent (by poll)

PvA:

post-17-0-17601100-1433101998.png

#2859 nube

nube

Bass Overlord

• Moderators
  • 835 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 08:07 PM

Paddington (5.1 DTS-HD MA)

Level        - 1 Star (102.53dB composite)

Extension - 3 Stars (19Hz)

Dynamics - 4 Stars (25.72dB)

Execution - 3 Stars (by poll)

Overall     - 2.75 Stars

Notes:  I didn't notice the big scene that I think I've read mentioned elsewhere.  If anyone has a timestamp, I'll scenecap it.

PvA:

post-17-0-27178800-1433102738.png

#2860 nube

nube

Bass Overlord

• Moderators
  • 835 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 08:12 PM

American Sniper (7.1 TrueHD)

Level        - 2 Stars (107.25dB composite)

Extension - 3 Stars (17Hz)

Dynamics - 5 Stars (28.19dB)

Execution - 3 Stars (by poll)

Overall     - 3.25 Stars

Notes:  Fairly disappointing bass, with the only real content in the first 30min of the movie.  Also thought the movie was decent, not great.

PvA:

post-17-0-95905400-1433103024.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users