The Low Frequency Content Thread (films, games, music, etc)

maxmercy

How? There is not even a home mix available yet. Watching it in the theaters, there is ample opportunity for them to really create something special. They did it right for CATWS, if they continue that trend, it should easily be bass movie of the year.

As I told you I heard it was steeply filtered. And now the graph has been released. I was spot on. :)

I did not see this on here yet but it would be great to see how Xmen-DOFP (The Rogue Cut) compares to the theatrical release.

I have not seen the Rogue cut yet and been thinking about double dipping.

As always, appreciate all the work you guys have done here!!

What does the Rogue cut get you that the original release does not? 

With the graphs, does it address the 4db difference between Dolby and DTS encoded tracks?

All dialnorm settings are taken out before measurement, so everything is apples/apples with no dialnorm (usually why older Dolby tracks were 4dB lower in volume when compared to DTS).  We do it as if the 4dB difference wasn't there, or as if you turned up the Dolby by 4dB to match the DTS track.

JSS

• 2 weeks later...

Avengers: Age of Ultron

Level - 2 Stars (105.93dB composite)

Extension - 3 Stars (18Hz)

Dynamics - 5 Stars (27.68dB)

Execution - 3 Stars

Overall - 3.25 Stars

Recommendation - Buy

Comments - Still carries enough dynamics to just require a volume boost to get proper levels back.  BEQ may help this one.  Good sequel, hard to top the first film in terms of watch-ability.  Horribly filtered ULF, just like the first, but to a lesser extent, and no clipping on this track.

post-20-0-03985300-1443838573.jpg

JSS

Is that your PvA boosted or Max's? I just want people to see how this movie was recorded low on the over all film. Try turning up the MV on TF4, Underworld awakening, or Mad Max and the dialog is a screaming match. Turn this movie up and now it sounds just right. If we equal the levels it now looks like many big bass movies like the ones I mentioned.

Enjoyed this site immensely and thanks to everyone who's given advice along the way. Sold all my gear today so will no longer be able to vote! Pursuing another passion. Really great site here and I've spent many hours following other threads because they hold much interest even though much of it went over my head. Bosso if I can get one of your systems to Australia I might be knocking on your door when I decide to get back into it.

Enjoyed this site immensely and thanks to everyone who's given advice along the way. Sold all my gear today so will no longer be able to vote! Pursuing another passion. Really great site here and I've spent many hours following other threads because they hold much interest even though much of it went over my head. Bosso if I can get one of your systems to Australia I might be knocking on your door when I decide to get back into it.

We'll miss ya Aj, hope you'll still pop in once in a while to see what's up.  I have to ask, what's the new passion you'll be getting into? 

• Like 1