The Low Frequency Content Thread (films, games, music, etc)

maxmercy

so if ragnarock blu ray has to be watched.. it has to be Norwegian 5.1 DTS-HD MA with english sub titles on?  and not selecting to watch the movie with English 5.1 DTS-HD MA ?

TIA

PS:

Ragnarock Blu Ray on sale at BestBuy.com & Amazon.com for $9.99 + FS

Also can someone please confirm if the blu ray does comes with dubbed english audio ? as mention on blu-ray.com website ?

Interesting.  That also means that the measured level will depend on how the data was obtained.  If the data is taken straight from the disc, then there's a good chance the dial norm won't be applied, but if the data is sampled from an output on a player (whether analog or digital) then the dialnorm is likely active.  This issue probably doesn't impact very many movies since most use DTS-HD MA rather than Dolby TrueHD audio.

Both DolbyTHD and DTS-HDMA streams have dialnorm parameters in their metadata.  While often used in Dolby tracks, it is rarely used in DTS tracks (that I have measured/noticed).  Not all receivers will tell you if dialnorm is there, either.

JSS

Kingsman: The Secret Service

Level: 3 Stars (107.73dB composite)

Extension: 4 Stars (12Hz)

Dynamics: 5 Stars (29.18dB)

Execution: 3 Stars

Overall: 3.75 Stars

Recommendation: Buy

Notes: Not a bad film, but not terrific either; worth a watch.  Sound mix was middle of the road as well.

post-20-0-03105900-1439510888.jpg

JSS

so if ragnarock blu ray has to be watched.. it has to be Norwegian 5.1 DTS-HD MA with english sub titles on?  and not selecting to watch the movie with English 5.1 DTS-HD MA ?

TIA

PS:

Ragnarock Blu Ray on sale at BestBuy.com & Amazon.com for $9.99 + FS

Also can someone please confirm if the blu ray does comes with dubbed english audio ? as mention on blu-ray.com website ?

For my review I watched with subtitles.

Agree completely Max on Kingsman.

I bet there was shit-your-pants levels of <20Hz content in real life when this happened in China...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-33933359

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-33933352

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-33890800

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-33898637

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-33921000

I wonder how many 'audiophiles' would be arguing its non-relevance after that!!

(I hope that doesn't come across as me trivialising it, I am amazed more aren't dead TBH - that must be one of the biggest peacetime explosions in history and it looks pretty f'ing scary just sitting in front of a screen.)

• Like 2

11062546_861234980612566_621575909091352
SPACE CAMP (1986) region 2 DVD
Dolby Stereo matrix

This would be cool with a theatrical Far Field mix 70mm 6-track Dolby Stereo TrueHD.  

The Dolby Stereo matrix, has a good use of steering the matrix mono surround and plenty of rumble track during the main engine test before all goes haywire. 

Chapter 5, 45min.29sec 

11885709_861235290612535_281586626520637

11844966_861235317279199_377197582466328

11249089_861235330612531_689383977719713

11027514_861235340612530_834647065377358

haha  I loved space camp :D

Classic 80's chopped-off bottom end, though!

2.3 and 2.9 on the Richter scale felt over 20 miles away. That would be a heavy low sub bass ULF. 

:( tragic event. 

Really?

Wow, I did think that it was going to be measurable on earthquake monitoring equipment.  Unbelieve to see that release of energy in such a short amount of time.

So are we measuring everything in the library or what?  I think a separate thread with all of your discoveries is worthy of it's own thread.  Just my opinion.  Kinda been turned off this thread lately.......Man that was rude!   Sorry, but I just don't want to have to find the new movies being posted in this thread in between all of the massive amounts of really old movies.  B movies at that.

Films have got to start somewhere to show how things have transpired over the decades otherwise you won't have ULF today you'd still be stuck with 30Hz range limit.

If that is what you are trying to do, trust me I get it with the 50 movies you have posted. If you are trying to prove a point, make another thread. I personally don't care to see all of what you are posting, but come to this thread for the movies that just came out or fairly recent. You are dropping a bomb on this thread with A LOT of your posts! What is so hard about making your own thread and not having a topic within a topic? Makes it easier for people when searching also.

Another thing is, I trust what the guys on this thread post when it comes to graphs/charts with their equipment and testing procedures. Not so much with yours. Not really trying to be rude about it but you need to relax on posting soooo much of this stuff.

Now this thread is really off topic so let's go back to how it was a couple of months ago. Conversation ended on my part.

• Like 1

I'm not the only person. Believe me. I have spoken to others that reached out to me. What does your heart attack have to do with anything. Do you want sympathy? Everybody has problems of their own. That's life. Don't think your better than Americans and live up to the stereo type of Britts thinking they are better than Americans. Now you are getting personal and showing your true colors. You are no different than me but actually more rude now ironically. I knew I was being rude and even said I was but never attacked you. Just asked to make your own thread. Now your butt hurt and want to lash out. I understand, but don't think for a second that you are better than me. Maybe I think your English is weird, but really we come from different parts of the world and nothing is spoken the same. I know that but apparently you haven't learned that yet.

Good luck with your health.

I agree with "Pain Infliction", although he could have stated it in a civilised manner. It would be nice to see a chronology of movies based on the release date (and their release medium) and their corresponding graphs and doing this in a new thread (based on this thread's template with the opening post listing method) would be the best option.

I thought that I did that already lol.  I guess he didn't believe me that others felt the same way.

Is there an ignore option like on other message boards? I don't even check this thread any longer - although I am glad he posted graphs from 1978's Coma LOL

I agree there should be a separate thread for these old movies.

Adults, please.....

Now wait, you guys are children.

Lemme try again

CHILDREN, PLEASE!!!!!!

I am sick of the Moderator reports, PM's and all the rest.

To PI and the rest of the dogpile:  

Back off.  Andy is contributing stuff he has found, measured and took the time to put together into waterfalls with scenegrabs.

To Andy:

Start a new thread.  While your contributions are definitely appreciated on d-b, your signal chain is so unique that no one can replicate it without the highly specialized gear you have.  This thread measures and reports the data on the disc with zero processing.  Please start a new thread going into detail what channels you are graphing, the bass management scheme, and through what equipment, and that equipment's rolloff.  Having your data on this thread that has an established methodology on the first post can be distracting.

I hope everyone can simmer down and cease the bullsh*t from both sides.

One more PM or Mod Report or if the idiocy continues/you guys cannot settle this amicably, and I start deleting posts and pulling posting privileges with reckless abandon; treating you like the kindergartners you are currently behaving like...

That is all I have to say on the matter.

JSS

• Like 1