The Low Frequency Content Thread (films, games, music, etc)

maxmercy

Run my file, and change the FFT to 96 decimate and FFT Input size 2048.  If it is not enough resolution, use 128/4096.  These settings will get you resolutions of 1/4Hz and 1/10Hz, respectively.  That should be enough.

I use 1Hz resolution for PvA to not lose quick transients in the PvA graphs, but they are immaterial for scenecaps.

JSS

That is all I needed to know! Will get these up tomorrow. Bring on the movies. I will check your list and see which ones don't have spectrum graphs and add them. If I own the movie I will know which scenes to do. What is funny is that when I run a bluray and the previews are going there is some good ULF going on except their levels are higher than movies so not really a fair comparison.

Make no mistake: 20-30Hz is a great freq range for shaking effects. Listen to the music playing in TF2 after prime is dead and Sam and Bee are hanging out in the old prison at night.....some notes to the mid-20s there.....and although it is hard to say there is 'gravitas' in that scene because the twins carry on about their illiteracy, it could have been a powerful effect.

JSS

I can not get better resolution no matter what.  Using Bosso's settings I get everything and much smoother but all the graphs are shifted to the right.  Basically, the -5 to 0 dBs at 9 hz would be at 20hz instead.  I mean the whole graph shifts but I am getting everything with no rolloff.  If I can shift the whole graph to the left about 11 hz I am good to go.

Yeah, I changed it to 128 and 4096 and it made the graph really slow and small, better resolution but the scene was over and spec lab could only get the first part of the scene. This last graph is perfect except it is shifted, I have no idea why. It is not rolloff which I thought before.

I will try to get a new rolloff profile using these settings and see if I can bring up under 10hz as it seems I am low about 5 dBs. Then I will run one more hulk for comparison then I will go down the list and do what I own first which is lacking from Max's list. The first one will be FOTP plane crash scene. Since this scene is long it will take several graphs to cover the one scene.

Well, max you were rigt all along. You kept mentioning decimation and I just kept changing the one in the FFT settings. I went back a reread and noticed you said decimation in O/I tab which I did not know existed until tonight. So Bosso's is set at 4 and when I changed it to 2 bingo, the graph shifted over to where it is supposed to be. So the settings as of right now are 24 bit with 48khz, the FFT tab is 6 and 16000(that range anyways), and I have my previous rolloff profile. Tomorrow I will start over with these settings to balance the level and create the new rolloff based on these settings and see what I come up with. If it gets worse I know how to get to this point now but this is really close already. My soundcard will rolloff more than Bosso's because his does not so I most likely need a little more boost down below 10hz where Bosso shows about 5 dBs hotter.